08.

♡

VIII. kiss me
while it pours
outside.

saturdays were the days amoura loved the most, her day off. no one needing her to show them houses; no one needing her to submit offers; it was a day where she planned to do absolutely nothing aside from cook.

dominic also enjoyed saturdays, because it was the only day he could see amoura completely relaxed—not bothered by work, stress, or worries.

the two lied in amoura's bed, amoura resting her head on his shoulder as they both leaned back against her headboard, silently watching the sky. amoura had planned to sleep in, but morning sickness decided otherwise. dom was coming out of his sleepy state, having been awoken by amoura's movements.

"you feeling better?" dominic asked, turning his head to her. his hand was rubbing the bottom of her stomach out of habit.

amoura took in a deep breath, "yeah. it calmed down." she reached to rub her stomach, her fingers brushing over dom's. "i hate this queasy feeling. even more now that i ate those damn fruity pickles."

dominic chuckled, muttering a quick "told your ass." amoura rolled her eyes at his smart comment.

"but it's all good. it looks like it's going to rain and thankfully boo bear likes the rain." amoura drew attention to the grey sky.

dominic liked the rain too. he found something calming about the sound the water would make as it poured, hitting the asphalt that would be in front of him if he were outside, or the roof of his car if he were driving home. it was a tranquil sound.

they got quiet again, still in each other's embrace and warmth. inside, both wanted to speak about what happened last night. about the kiss they shared. but neither found the courage to bring it up.

"i uh, think i'm going to have lunch with my sister this week. tell her about the baby." amoura  said, rubbing her belly. "don't want to get to five months without letting someone from my family know. you were right, the baby should have someone from my side."

dominic smiled, "sounds like a good idea. would you want to go to my mom's next weekend also? figure we can just make next week the week to tell everyone."

"i think that would be great." amoura sighed, content with how easy they arranged that. she figured due to the early time of day and how calm they were they could get through a conversation like this without leading to her blowing up on him again or him arguing with her.