11.

♡

XI. familia

baby fava,
are you at the
restaurant?

mommy moura,
yeah, waiting for
malaiya rn

baby fava,
you nervous?

mommy moura,
i'm hungry

baby fava,
you wanna go
to my moms for
dinner tonight?

baby fava,
we can kill two birds
with one stone

mommy moura,
sure why not

mommy moura,
i see malaiya, i'll
text you later

baby fava,
have fun

baby fava,
love you

mommy moura,
yeah yeah love
you too 🙄

_______

amoura had put her phone into her purse, focusing now on her little sister who approached the booth she was occupying.

malaiya was all smiles as she looked at her big sister, but her eyes widened the second she caught glimpse of amoura's body.

"i know you're fuckin' lying!" she screamed in the establishment, catching the attention of some of the other guests. amoura gestured for her to sit. she didn't need her drawing any attention to them.

malaiya slid into the seat across from her sister, putting her purse down next to her and giving all her attention to amoura. her face was stern, eyes shocked but also hurt. "so you just weren't going to tell me you're what? damn near how many months pregnant?"

"i was waiting to get past the first trimester, lay-lay. and i was also just dealing with a lot—i'm sorry. but i ain't tell no one in the family other than you. frankly you're the only person i want to know."

malaiya leaned in, "so mama don't know? now moura..." her tone was disappointing, but amoura only rolled her eyes in response.

"she's too busy catering to quentin. and i'll be damned if i tell her and him about this. so he can just lecture me and act like a dad?...i'm really good on that." amoura pressed her lips together into a flat line, shaking her head.