~Chapter Sixteen~

"What are you so giddy about, Emma?" Belle turns to face me as I walk into Miss Mill's class. It's been almost a full week since I have been at school. I missed almost all of those detentions that I will still have to make up. Regina has been adamant about me continuing them for the sake of both of our reputations. "I don't think I have ever seen you arrive so early to this class and be happy about it." Her eyebrow raises, questioning me.

"I got everything sorted out."

"What do you mean?" I don't answer her. "Hey, did you hear about that man holding a kid hostage last week?" My eyes shoot in her direction. How the hell does she know that?

"Uh, yeah. I did." I can see the blood spraying towards Henry and me. The cry that escaped that poor baby when his ears began ringing. Paramedics ripping him out of my arms, David making sure everything stayed quiet. David.

"Pretty gruesome. Anyway." She changes the conversational direction. "We should hang out tonight."

"I can't. I have Henry."

"Oh, come on Em!" Regina gives us quite the glare at Miss French's outburst. "We never do anything anymore!" Her voice is a whisper now. Regina kept her eye on the two of us.

"I can figure something out."

"Yay! I'll let Ruby know we are hanging out tonight. We can all come to my house. Dad's out for the night with a huge delivery tomorrow." Belle's dad runs the local floral shop in town. Game of Thorns. That man is one of the cheesiest people I know; and so overly protective of Belle.

"You will owe me for having to have to pay someone to watch Henry."

"Oh shush, I am sure David and Mary Margaret would love to watch him!" They would, I know. I have someone else entirely up to mind.

The end of the day rolls by like a blink of an eye. I have detention today, like every other day this week. I make my way down the hall crowded with teenagers.

She has a sensual look in her eyes when I enter the almost empty classroom. One final student is remaining, Killian Jones. He is asking her something about the paper for his writing class. While they talk, I take a seat at my desk, which sits directly across from her. Since we have been back at school, Regina has moved me closer to her. I can feel her eyes on me constantly. Between her looks and Belle's obnoxious questions about my whereabouts this past week, I am going to go mad.

"Have a nice evening, Mr. Jones." She says as the student leaves the classroom. "Miss Swan," her voice dips to such a low octave I can barely hear her. "Sorry to keep you waiting." I can feel myself squirm in my seat. Her eyebrow raises quizzically.

"Miss Mills." She leans over her desk, pushing her breasts upward, revealing her gorgeous cleavage.

"Shut your mouth, dear. Wouldn't want to catch a fly." My face reddens at her comment. "You and Belle were very distracting today. I think a punishment is in order." She husks, bringing herself closer to me.

"I have been a naughty girl, haven't I?" Her breasts rise with a breath and stills. "But, I can't tonight."

"I know, dear."

"You do?"

"As I said, Emma. You and Belle were very distracting." Her laughter fills the room.

"Oh, didn't realize we were that loud. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to watch Henry tonight?" Her entire demeanor shifts.

"You want me to watch him?"

"Well, Ruby is coming with me, and Henry loves you more than you know. When we are not over, he is constantly asking about you." I chuckle at the most recent memory. "He says, 'see Gina?' anytime he misses you."

I can see the older woman's heart melt with my words. "Oh, Emma. I would be more than happy to watch him!" The older woman lights up with her words.

Once I get home, I get Henry dressed and tell him that he will be spending some time with Regina. "See Gina?" I nod as we head out to the car.

On our way there, my prince sings to himself as he watches out the window, "Ginaaa, Ginnaa." He just repeats her name the entire way there. I try to slyly grab my phone to record when we hit a light. He hasn't stopped. I immediately send it straight to Regina; she is going to melt.

~~~

"Emma, come on!" Ruby screeches in my ear. "You disappeared for over a week. Then, all of a sudden, turn up in a startling good mood."

"I don't know what you guys want from me."

"Who is he?" I can feel their eyes stare deep into my soul as my body stiffens. Well, it's not he. "Emma Swan! There is someone!" Belle chimes in.

"I don't know what you're talking about. There is no 'he' end of it."

"Do you really think we won't find out, Emma? Belle is the smartest person to ever grace Storybrooke High, and I have an outside perspective."

"Fine. There is someone, but you two will never know who." I will have to be careful letting Ruby babysit Henry. If she asks him anything, "Gina" will pop out of his mouth.

"I knew it!" Ruby shoves herself into my shoulder.

We sit in silence for a little while as we eat. Granny, as always, has outdone herself with the lasagna. I can't say that it beats Regina's; hers takes the cake by a landslide.

Belle and Ruby are great. They were the best thing that happened to me when I arrived in Storybrooke. When I first started at Storybrooke, I was pregnant with Henry. I was fifteen at the time, and with the heightened emotions, I was struggling with the adjustment. Belle and Ruby saw me sitting by myself at lunch, I had no money and, therefore, no food. Belle sat next to me and slid over half her sandwich. Ruby went to the vending machine and grabbed a root beer. They sat and talked like they had known me their entire lives. It was one of the best days of my life.

When I went into the second trimester of my pregnancy, I started to show. Baggy sweaters and sweatpants were my best friends. Ruby and Belle began to question me when I was eating nearly half my body weight in cafeteria food. I didn't say anything at first, but when my social worker opted me to pull out and enroll in an online school, I had to say something. They were devastated that I wouldn't be there every day with them, and frankly, so was I.

When Henry was born, it was a relief. Ruby had graduated the year previous and was more than willing to watch Henry. Granny helped her at first, then Ruby began coming to my new apartment to watch him.

"What are you thinking about over there?" Belle pokes my shoulder.

"I was uh, thinking about how lucky I am to have you in my life." I look up from my plate and look the two brunettes in the eyes. "When Henry was born."

"Those sure were the days," Ruby picks up her glass and takes a swig. "I remember when you told us you were pregnant. I could see the fear of rejection in your eyes. The walls you had held up were gone, even if it was just for a moment, we saw you."

"Ruby and I are lucky to have you and Henry as family." Belle chimes in.

I can feel the tears begin to swell in my eyes, "thank you. You guys are the best."

We finish the night with a movie at my place. I finally got a break from Henry's Disney movies and got to watch something else. Of course, Ruby had brought Fifty Shades for us to watch. That girl has been on a kick with those movies. She's seen them all and insists that Belle and I watch too.