Editorial Services

Browse my services below, along with costs and payment options. Each service offers a different degree. All payments are a permanent follow on Wattpad, attribution of editorial services at the beginning of work, and a follow on my editorial social media (Twitter or Instagram, your choice).

Standard Editorial:

Assessment Letter (Manuscript Critique): This is a mandatory letter that comes first and foremost with every work. This is a tough love letter that assesses the entirety of your work, picking up its strengths and weaknesses. Every editor should create an initial assessment letter before diving into line-edits and developmental edits. This assessment will go through the core elements of your novel:

Premise
Plotsetting
Characterization
Conflicts
Pacing
Tension
Diction
World-building
Other fundamentals of cohesive story production

Copyediting: Copyediting is a vital source for getting your work on the right track. This step in the editorial process checks for:

Grammar & spelling errors
Voice
Pace
Inappropriate wording and drawn out sections of your work
Syntax
Style inconsistency
Format issues
Factual errors

My copyediting service allows for two rounds of editing which are the initial copyedit and a final after revisions are made.

Developmental Editing: Developmental editing takes an in-depth look at your manuscript. This is different from the assessment as it takes a more fine-tooth comb through the story after the intial edits. This comes when your novel is just about ready for publication and focuses on aspects such as:

Character relatability and character development
Point of view
Backstory
Plot
Tone
Pacing
Dialogue
Structure

By having your work put through a development edit, you can ensure that you're putting your best foot forward in the publishing and literary world.

My developmental edits include comments, notes, and critiques within the manuscript.

Long-term Editorial: Don't have a completed manuscript? That's fine! I can work with you on a chapter by chapter basis while you work on completing your work. This is a service I've designed for a platform specifically like Wattpad as chapters will be released weekly or bi-weekly in many cases. If you fall into this category, please still fill out the application in the next chapter and specify "Long-term Editorial."

Focused Editorial Services: 

Character Focus Editing: A review and edit focused on character development and progression throughout your storyline. I'll work together with you in the parts you're worried about for character progression and help make them someone the reader can't help but love or despise. 
Payment: In addition to the follows, attribution should instead be at the end or beginning of each chapter the focus edit took place.

Discription Focus Feedback: I'll work closely with you on your descriptions throughout your novel to make your writing more captiving to your reader. We'll polish your style in the process and have your descriptive skills shining through in no time. 
Payment: In addition to the follows, attribution should instead be at the end or beginning of each chapter the focus edit took place.

Dialogue Focus Feedback: Dialogue is a truly important part of any story. It's what brings your characters to life on the page and makes them relatable, lovable, and/or despicable. This is how their personalities manifest in the physical. I'll work with you on the dialogue throughout your work and make it the most captivating it can be. 
Payment: In addition to the follows, attribution should instead be at the end or beginning of each chapter the focus edit took place.