About Me

Reading is an activity I've loved since elementary school. As I grew older, and I joined creative writing classes, I discovered that I enjoyed more than just reading. It was discovering the styles, noticing the differences in each character, what set them apart, their main reason for existing, the internal and external goals that drive them towards the end of the novel.

There are the expertly woven plot points. The big reveals at the end. The themes and those hit lines that stick with us for days on end. Those initial creative writing classes in high school, and then in university, showed me how rewarding it is to help an author grow as a writer. I loved providing feedback on the pieces and engaging with them.

There are people in the world who need words and sentences and stories, and there are authors out there ready and willing to tell those stories. I want to help connect those authors and readers, and working at an agency does just that.

My favorite genres are high fantasy, historical fiction, and contemporary fiction. The first two are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, but a story that can sweep me off my feet so completely is one that I can't help but love.

Fantasy offers a complete escape from the normal every day and historical fiction offers me a more grounded read. I often find myself binging one genre and then switching off to the other when I need a break.

Contemporary fiction is one that I'll occasionally squeeze in through one shots or, sometimes, with series like Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits. These reads will turn into a breath of fresh air after diving so deeply into history or fantasy worlds.

My current five favorite authors are:

Sarah J. Maas

Kerri Maniscalo

Rainbow Rowell

Holly Black

V.E. Schwab