The pain in your eyes

Song of this one-shot :

Cuz I love you- Lizzo
-

Liz Taylor's penthouse ,New York , 1985

She was there. Sitting, curled up on herself on the windowsill. Liz had her eyes fixed on the view from our penthouse, the huge skyscrapers, lights and noisy traffic of New York. She was shaking. Her body, covered in her rather revealing purple nightgown, trembled between each sob she tried to stifle.

I could see from where I was, in the doorway of the living room, that her violet eyes were filled with tears. This sight tears my heart apart with every passing second.

Liz was doing her best to stay as composed as possible. She clung to her dignity as if her life depended on it. Closing her eyes from time to time to hold back some tears.

I walked over to her, as scantily clad as she was. I had woken up a few minutes before to an empty bed and only the smell of her expensive perfume on the pillow. At first, she didn't notice my presence, too absorbed in her sadness. Even when I was right in front of her, Liz didn't look at me. Her red, swollen eyes stared at the sight.

"Liz... Everything is alright, baby?"

Her black hair hid my view of her face. I reached out and brushed a few strands away from her face. Liz reconnected with the rest of the world at my touch, jumping slightly before giving me a confused look at my sudden appearance beside her.

"You shouldn't be here... it's 3 am in the morning."

Smiling gently at her, I replied while brushing her hair:
"Seems like both of us can't sleep."

Liz turned her face to me. She looked at me with her big doe eyes filled with tears. Without any makeup or artifice that gave her that seductive and predatory side, she seemed so fragile. So lost. Like a frightened child.

I started stroking her cheek, tracing her jawline and the outline of her face with the soft touch of my fingers. My other hand took her thigh and used it as a medium to turn her whole body towards mine. I was now standing a few inches from her face, placed between her two open thighs to become one with her.

"That's not the point. I really want know...why are your eyes so sad."

Her bambi eyes blinked through the tears and New York light. Her mouth opened, wanting to respond but no words came out. She left her mouth wide open. Probably not knowing how to answer. She was more lost than ever.

" Your eyes look like they're hiding something... always."

The tears rolled down her porcelain cheek and I gently wiped them away as I rubbed my thumb against her cheek.

"You can't keep hiding it forever and you know it."

"I'm not hiding anything... I'm just...tired."

I backed away from her. Looking at her from further away. Her face was lowered, her arms wrapped for protection, her breathing was the only thing that could be heard now. I felt like I was face to face with a stranger. I had never seen her like this, lost, so lost and sad.

My first reaction was sadness but anger was the one that took over. Liz and I have always been so sincere with each other, our relationship was tumultuous but we never lie to each other. Confidence was the key to our stability. She was lying to me, she was lying to me without scruple. I felt betrayed.

I slammed both hands hard on either side of her head. She was now trapped between me and the glass. I had startled her with my abrupt gesture but I didn't care.

"You know you lie to me! How dare you!"

" SHUT UP ! Why would you even care!", she replied crying.

My heart practically broke. Liz had never said such horrible things to me. Tears formed in the corners of my eyes and ran down my cheek. I swallowed my sobs in pathetic sniffles.

"BECAUSE I CANT KEEP SEEING YOU LIKE THIS. YOU CANT KEEP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF. YOU THINK I DON'T NOTICE? REALLY THINK I DONT SEE WHAT YOU GOING THROUGH?!!"

Liz looked at me alarmed. She must have been convinced that I hadn't noticed that she had started to drink too much again, that she was even drinking on the sly, that she was late for rehearsals for her various projects or better still that she was taking strange pills. She pushed me from her with such force that I almost fell to the ground.

"N-no I don't want you to see me like this...go away Y/N."

I didn't take a step back. Just standing amazed. I couldn't even figure out what to do now.

" I SAID GO AWAY Y/N! I HATE YOU! YOU ARE SO USELESS. I DONT WANNA SEE YOU AROUND ME. PACK YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE ME ALONE."

"I just wish you could feel what you said."

"LEAVE ME ALONE. RETURN TO YOUR HELL AND LEAVE ME TO MINE."

"I'm not leaving you. Not even after that."

Anger was drawn on her features. Her once clear and sad eyes were clouded with rage and anger.

"WHY CANT YOU JUST GO?!!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, STUPID. YOU THINK I WOULD STAY WITH A PERSON LIKE YOU IF I DID NOT LOVE YOU. YOU TREATED ME LIKE A USELESS THINGS IN YOUR LIFE SINCE A MONTH BUT I'M STILL HERE. I CARE ABOUT YOU MORE THAN YOU THINK. You know what just fuck off, Liz."

I could see that she hadn't expected such a reaction from me. But she was even more shocked by my rather  tempestuous declaration of love. Since the beginning of our relationship, neither of us had ever told the other that we loved thr other. It was a kind of tacit agreement between us. Although we knew that the other loved us passionately, hearing it said and more upsetting.

"I love you too, Y/N.", she tells me with her sweet sincere smile. Not the one for the cameras. The one that was reserved for me alone.

A/N: I'm bored because I'm on vacation, so I'm going to post one shots. I'll post here if I have time, my story comes first.

Don't forget to vote if you like it.

If you have any one shot suggestions send me a message or in comments. I love you all and you are beautiful <33