Chapter 4

Ally's POV

I really needed to get my lunch out of the refrigerator in the practice room, but I didn't want to face Austin. Just thinking about Austin was making me blush. But I'm going to have to face him if I want things to stay the same. If I don't want him to know I overheard. He can't know that I overheard, at least until I get my feelings sorted out. Okay, I'm going in. I grabbed the knob on the door and opened the door. "Yea Dez, Carrie's oka- Hey Ally!" Austin looks at me smiling. "Hey guys. I just came up for lunch." I say as I reach down into the refrigerator. "What have you two been up to?" As if I didn't know. "Oh, um , you know, um.." Austin stumbles. Dez cuts in, "We were just talking about the new Zaliens movie that's coming out next month, Zaliens 10." "Yea." Austin says, looking down. "How many of those movies are they going to make?" I ask, sitting down in front of them on the floor. "Well there is 32 books in the series, so probably 32 movies Ally." Dez tells me in 'a matter of fact' tone. "So Ally," Austin sits down on the ground beside me, "when are we going to work on a new song." That reminds me! In that weird dream on mine, we had wrote this beautiful song. I've got to write it down before I forget it. I throw down my sandwich, grab my songbook and scribble down parts of the song I remember. "I didn't mean right now Alls." Austin says laughing. "Oh, this is just a song that was in one of my dreams, and it actually sounded pretty good. I'm thinking about putting it on my album. Want to take a look?" "Sure." I hand Austin my book, and he starts singing the song out loud.

I remember life before, faraway dreams and locking doors. Then you came, then you came. Afraid to fall, to be free, always my own worst enemy. It isn't what, what you see. I took time to realize, that I couldn't do it by myself. Myself... There's no gravity, when you're next to me. You always break my fall, like a parachute. When you're holding me, so weightless I can barely breathe. You always break my fall, my fall... Like a parachute. You're my parachute. With you it all begins, feeling okay in my own skin. So alive, I'm so alive. I know, this life isn't gonna be perfect, the ups and downs, they're gonna be worth it. As long as I'm, I'm with you. There's no gravity, when you're next to me. You always break my fall, like a parachute. When you're holding me, so weightless I can barely breathe. You always break my fall, my fall... Like a parachute.

Austin looks up at me, "Ally, hand me your pen." "Austin, what are you going to do?" "Just hand me the pen, I know you'll love it." I warily hand him my pen and he scribbles something down in my songbook. He then looks back up, smiles, and hands me my pen and book. "What did you write in there?" "Well apparently Ally he wrote words, duh!" Dez speaks up. "Dez, I know that. I was talking about what the words are." I say, dragging the 'are' out. "I just wrote the ending of your song." Austin says smiling. "Oh, man. You probably wrote something about pancakes." I say, shaking my head. BUUUUZZZZZ. I look down at my phone. 1 new message. I open the message, its from Trish. I just spoke with Jimmy. He says he needs Austin to perform a new song when he's going on The Helen Show next Monday. Just thought I'd let you know, because I'm trying to be a more responsible manager. Love ya girl! See ya later this afternoon(:
"Uuumm Austin. You know you're performing on The Helen Show Monday, right?" I glance over at Austin and see a worried expression on his face. "No! When did you hear this?" "Trish just texted me and told me. She also said that Jimmy said we need to write you a new song for the show." "Awww, man." "Austin, I can close up Sonic Boo-" "AAAAHHHHH!" we look over and see Dez getting up in a rush. "Dez, what's wrong?" I asked him, worried. "I just looked at my watch and it's 1:12! 1:12!" "So?" Austin said. "I had a lunch date with Carrie at one! Oh no! She's gotta be so worried. See you guys later!" Dez screams as he leaves the practice room and slams the door. "Well then." Austin says. We look at each other and burst out in laughter. "Whew! Only Dez." Austin says. "Okay Austin, like I was saying before all of that," a giggle slips out, " I can close up Sonic Boom for the day and we can work on your song." "Ally, are you sure your father doesn't need you to run the store?" "Nawww, it'll be fine. We didn't have that much business today anyways." "Okay, sounds great!" Austin says smiling. "Let me just go downstairs and make sure Dez locked the doors after he left." "I'll come with you." We walked downstairs, locked and CLOSED, the doors Dez left open, and cleaned up the store a little bit. We were walking up the stairs when Austin's shoulder brushed mine. Burning. Oh no, I'm blushing again. I really hope he doesn't see. I REALLY, REALLY hope he doesn't see.

Austin's POV

Me and Ally were walking up the stairs. I accidentally bumped into her. I was looking down at her, about to say I was sorry, when something caught my eye. Ally's cheeks. They were rose. She was blushing. But why would she be blushing. We're just friends. That's how she wanted it. That's how WE wanted it, even though I kind of changed my mind about my half of the deal, without her knowing. What if she changed her's too? No! That's stupid. She's dating Gavin(bleh!), and she seems pretty happy. I'm just happy that she's happy. I glance back down at Ally and she see me. She lets out a nervous giggle. What was that? Did Ally just nervously laugh? Is it this real? Could she possibly still be into me?