Chapter 8

Ally's POV

It had been a couple months since Gavin dumped me. Surprisingly I was okay, all because of Austin. He had made it so much easier to handle. He was always there to talk to and he always comforted me when I begin to feel bad. I still couldn't get the moment when he pulled me onto his lap and sang to me out of my mind. He was so gentle and caring.There was no lying now. I still had feelings for Austin. How could I not? He was literally my parachute. Always there to catch me when I fall.

I was going to perform my song tonight and hoped afterward I could somehow tell him how I feel.

Austin's POV

It had been a couple months and I think Ally's ready. After she performed her song on Video Countdown Live, I was going to tell her. I, Austin Monica Moon, wanted Ally Dawson to be my girlfriend, again. This time it would be better. We are both older, we have our careers going well, and it will work. I know it. I was just extremely nervous. I hadn't told anyone this, not even Dez, but, I was afraid of getting hurt again. Hey, I know I'm a guy, but I still have feelings. I didn't want a repeat of last time. Last time she went first and had told me she was going out with Gavin. Ugh, I don't even want to speak that jerk's name. Everyone was happy when he went back to Texas. Especially me. I didn't want to see his face around Ally ever again. Ally. Just thinking her name made me happy. I couldn't wait 'til tonight.

Ally's POV

I standing back stage literally shaking. I was extremely nervous to be performing my new song. Even though I've conquered my stage fright, I still got nervous. Austin, Trish and Dez were waiting in the crowd, ready to cheer me on. I turned my back to the stage, closed my eyes, and tried to get my nerves under control. I almost jumped out of my skin when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Austin standing there with one hand behind his back. "Austin, you scared me to death." I say giggling. "Sorry Ally, I didn't mean to." I smile. "Before you go on, I just wanted to wish you luck and give you these." Austin pulled a beautiful bouquet of roses from behind his back and handed them to me. "Austin, they're gorgeous!" "I just wanted to let you know that I'm extremely proud of how far you've come." "I never could have done it without you Austin." I say blushing. "One minute!" I hear a stage-hand yell. "I better get back out there with Trish and Dez, I know you're gonna be wonderful Alls." Austin leans down and envelopes me in a warm hug. We pull apart and he walks away.
"30 seconds Ally!" the stage-hand yells again. I lay my roses down on a table behind stage and grab my microphone. I turn around and wait for the curtains to open.
A couple seconds later I see the stage lights turn on and the curtains open. The music starts and I begin singing my song,

I remember life before

Faraway dreams and locking doors

Then you came... then you came

Afraid to fall... to be free

Always my own worst enemy

It isn't what... What you see

I took time to realize

That I couldn't do it by myself

Myself...

There's no gravity When you're next to me

You always break my fall

Like a parachute

When you're holding me

So weightless I can barely breathe

You always break my fall

My fall...

Like a parachute

You're my parachute

With you... it all begins

Feeling okay in my own skin

So alive... I'm so alive

I know... this life isn't gonna be perfect

The ups and the downs they're gonna be worth it

As long as I'm... I'm with you

There's no gravity When you're next to me

You always break my fall

Like a parachute

When you're holding me

So weightless I can barely breathe

You always break my fall

My fall...

Like a parachute

You're my parachute

When I'm standing at the edge

It's such a long way down

If I second guess myself

You're there to catch me now

Woah... Woah... Woah... Woah

I'll never touch the ground

There's no gravity When you're next to me

You always break my fall

Like a parachute

When you're holding me

So weightless I can barely breathe

You always break my fall

My fall...

Like a parachute

You're my parachute

I finish the song with a huge smile on my face. The curtains close and I stand there, not wanting the moment to end. Before I know it I'm being tackled by three of the best people in the world. "Ally, you're song was amazing!" Trish says. "Like always, you rocked it Ally!" Dez exclaimed. "Like I said, you were brilliant!" I grab onto Austin and we stand there hugging. When we pull apart, I look around, and Dez and Trish are gone. Now's the time to tell him. We're inches apart. I look up at him, "Austin, I have something I wanna tell you." "There's something I wanna tell you too." "You go first." "Ally, I'll go first." I nod for him to go on. " Alls, I still have feelings for you, and I would love it if you would be my girlfriend again." I stand there on the verge of tears. He feels the same way! "Austin,I still have feelings for you too, and I 'd love to be your girlfriend again." I say smiling. Austin wraps me in a hug as he leans down and kisses my cheek.