𝘄𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴

wooyoung

wooyoung

Cars were roaring, exciting the crowd. The smoky smell of tires titillated my pleasure hormones as I walked towards my white car, surrounded by people.

— Wooyoung!

— Hey, kick ass man!

My hand stealthily pushed my hair back before I put a playful smile on my lips.

— As usual," I said, opening the door.

They continued to cheer me like a living God, because I was the strongest. I had climbed the ladder of these forbidden races with the strength of my hands. I was a legend in every mouth in the country, I had been beaten an invincible image.

Sitting in front of my steering wheel, I took a deep breath. Jongho slammed my door shut before leaning against the open window.

— It's all in the mind, as usual you keep your cool it will do it, he began to recap. Today it is the turn of the city, you pass by the port then you return by the highway until here.

I nodded.

— Your opponent is not known, he is new on the field, he reassured me.

— Okay.

Glancing at the mirror above my head, I carefully replaced the collar of my leather jacket.
I looked again at my red-haired friend.

— Everyone's banking on you tonight.

A grin etched itself in the corner of my cheek, it hid the nervousness that soared as impatience oppressed me.

— It's going to work, it's as if you already had the money in your pocket!

The hum of a new car silenced the few hundred people. I rolled down the window to my right, watching it pull up to my level with a straight face.

I bit my thumb weakly, frustrated and annoyed that the driver didn't deign to roll down the window.

Perhaps he was afraid to look at me? After all, I could understand, it was always impressive to be in front of a king who knew how to tame his kingdom.

The crowd was also getting impatient.

— Hey man! Open your window!

— Do you know who he is to dare to disrespect him like that?

He was being booed, some people had taken the liberty of sticking to his car to shake it.