1

You sat in the common room of the Avengers compound with the team for the fortnightly games night. Bucky and Sam were in charge of drinks which in retrospect was a ridiculous idea after tasting the vodka and mixer they had made for you which definitely barely had any mixer. As well as that, the single shots they were supposed to prepare were definitely more of a triple. You opted for pouring chasers for everyone, something they'd definitely need after one of the lethal shots.

"Will you please help me set up? I'm not exactly sure what to do" Loki asked, putting a hand on your hip to move past you to lean on the counter next to you whilst you prepared the small glasses of chasers.

"It's a monopoly board not rocket science" you laughed, quickly glancing up at him.

"Indeed, rocket science I could do, this not so much" he chuckled.

"There's not too much to it Loki, it's unfolding a board" you smiled, handing him the tray of drinks "take that, I'll do monopoly."

"I think I should watch you do it" Loki said, handing the tray Thor.

"Come on then" you huffed with a smile, gesturing for Loki to follow you.

Once you both reached the biggest table, you opened the monopoly box and held up the instructions to Loki and gasped causing him to roll his eyes. You then began getting all the cards out and asking Loki to sort them into piles; colour, chance cards, community chest cards and utilities. He did that whilst you sorted out the different piles of money. Once he was finished, he turned towards you, observing you as you dealt the money. A small smile graced his lips.

"What?" You giggled as you looked up at him.

"Nothing" he grinned.

You looked at him for a few moments almost mapping his features before returning to the task at hand.

"I can feel you still staring Loki" you tittered trying to ignore how flustered you felt.

"I'm simply admiring your beauty" he opined leaving you breathless and unable to meet his gaze. Noticing that you had practically frozen in place, Loki regretted his words, not that he thought that they were untrue but because he realised he had probably crossed a line. "Sorry" he added sheepishly.

"N—no" you insisted "you're beautiful too" you joked, trying to laugh off and downplay Loki's compliment. You still couldn't meet his gaze and quickly set up the rest of the game before beckoning everyone who was playing over.

"No Kyle tonight?" Natasha asked, sitting next to you.

"He should be here soon" you answered, picking up your phone "I'll call him now." You stood up and exited the room as Loki's eyes followed you. He noticed your expression change when Natasha mentioned Kyle. Once in the hallway, you sighed as you unlocked your phone to call him.

"Are you alright?"

You turned to see Loki looking at you with a concerned expression. You were about to answer until you looked behind him to see Kyle speeding down the hallway holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Y/n" he called, walking towards you and kissing your cheek as he gave you the flowers. "Loki" he nodded, looking at Loki who gave a polite smile before walking back into the common room. "Sorry I'm late" Kyle said before kissing you on the lips.

"We've barely started the games" you assured, loosening his tie "how was work?"

You felt Kyle stiffen as he clenched his jaw. You wished you hadn't asked when he looked past you and offered a "fine" through gritted teeth. You opened your mouth to speak until you heard Steve calling for you both to come inside. You both went inside, Kyle behind you. Everyone greeted him and he returned the gesture with a wide smile as he sat down next to you. Everyone partnered up and you began monopoly. Just after an hour later, everyone had abandoned the game to reminisce about past missions. Kyle had lightened up after having a few drinks and even contributed to the conversation discussing some of his annoying coworkers causing everyone to laugh. When you all moved to sit on the sofas, Kyle grabbed you causing you to squeal when he began tickling you. Once you had fallen onto the sofa, he positioned himself around you, holding you.

"Remember that mission in Malibu?" Bucky chortled, hitting Sams shoulder.

"It's the events afterwards I don't really remember" Sam laughed.

"Everyone got wasted" Bucky told Kyle who then looked down at you in his lap.

"Yeah and y/n had to practically be carried to her bed." Steve added with a hearty laugh.

"Yesss! I remember. Loki had her like thrown over his shoulder" Sam guffawed.

"Guys that's enough" you choked trying to change the subject feeling Kyles eyes burning into the back of your neck as his grip around you tightened.

"Without Loki y/n would be lost" Bucky said, hitting Loki's side who's eyes fell on you.

"I'm going to go get some snacks" you spoke, excusing yourself.

"I'll help" Kyle decided, following after you.

Once you both reached the kitchen, Kyle grabbed your arm tightly, spinning you around to face him.

"You didn't tell me about the mission in Malibu"

"It was one of the less important ones. I didn't think it was worth mentioning" you replied, trying to subtly break free form his hold.

"Didn't think it was important? You didn't think it was important to tell me how you got drunk in Malibu and had to be carried to your room? Did he stay with you?"

"What?" You asked knitting your brows.

"Did Loki spend the night with you? I bet he really took care of you" he spat.

"Kyle—"

"DONT even try and explain yourself. You've invited me here and you've embarrassed me." Kyle snapped. His grip tightened causing you to wince until he let go. "We're going home."

"Okay" you whispered, looking down.

You took a few snacks to the team before telling them that you were leaving early. Loki noticed that you looked slightly shaken but he decided to brush it off when you said bye to him, giving him a genuine smile. Tony instructed JARVIS to call you both a taxi and you went on your way.

When you both walked into your apartment, Kyle headed straight to the bathroom to shower, not saying a word to you. You walked towards the bedroom and changed into some pyjamas and got into bed, hoping to be asleep before Kyle got out.

You heard the door creaking open and footsteps coming towards the bed. You kept your eyes closed feeling Kyle laying behind you. He draped an arm around you, kissing the nape of your neck.

"Y/nnnn" he sang flirtatiously.

You didn't answer, you kept your eyes closed just wanting to go to sleep after your abrupt exit of the games night you had been excited for.

"Come on y/n, I know you're awake." He said, hugging you closer. You broke your resolve, turning towards him and wrapping your arms around him too. "I love you" he whispered, kissing the top of your head.