4

Instead of waiting for Kyle to leave the bathroom so you could get ready, you stood up and quickly put a coat on over your pyjamas. You also slipped some shoes on knowing that if you just made it to the compound, your room there would be waiting for you and you'd be able to wash and change into proper clothes. The only issue being the team seeing you such a mess. You knew for certain that Loki was awake but you hoped he was the only one. With only Loki awake, you could sneak into your room undetected and be out, looking brand new in time for any morning meetings. You pocketed your car keys before making a beeline for the door, ignoring Kyle calling after you from the bathroom.

In the safety of your car, you put your seatbelt on before making your way to the compound. Your heart was in your throat the whole journey, dreading going back home to Kyle. Once you arrived in the car park, you looked at yourself in the small mirror. Kyles words echoed in your mind as you took in your appearance. 'The sight of you disgusts me' was all you could hear as you stared into your eyes in the reflection. You were disgusting. Horrible. Kyle was the only person who'd truly ever love you, he had reminded you on many occasions. He had told you that despite all your flaws, you were still decent in his opinion. Regardless of all the horrible things he said,  despite how true they were, he still held you at night. Kyle ensured you were never truly alone yet in times like these ones, you felt overwhelmingly lonely.

Tearing your scrutinising gaze from your dishevelled appearance, you exited the car. Stealthily, you made your way to your room in the hopes that you'd not be caught looking so dreadful, disgusting. You entered the elevator, trying your hardest not to look at yourself in the mirror as you made your way to your floor. You had almost made it undetected until the doors opened and you were greeted by Loki.

"Good morning gorgeous girl." He smiled as you looked down, pushing past him so he wouldn't be able to properly see you. "Y/n?" He called after you, concern evident in his tone as he followed behind you. "Are you alright?"

"Yes" you instantly replied, near running to your room.

"Y/n. Wait" Loki said, stepping in front of you, stopping your movements as you looked to the ground. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing" you lied, not daring a glance up at him.

"Y/n" he tutted, lifting your chin up so you'd look at him "you should know better than to lie to me."

"I'm fine honestly" you said pleadingly, wanting him to let you go so he didn't have to look at you. You didn't want him to look at you, you were disgusting.

"Would you like me to—" he began.

"Please, please just leave me alone." You almost cried, looking into his eyes and seeing him looking at you. "I need to sort myself out I-I need to clean a-and do my hair and—and" you rambled as your lip began trembling.

"Alter your appearance? You're already remarkably stunning. Any more and you'll be blinding." He teased, interrupting your listing, causing you to break out into a small smile. Times like these you wished Loki felt for you how you felt for him. He loved you but as a friend loves a friend, not in the way you loved him, not in the way you wanted to be loved by him. His words almost made you forget how you looked as you visibly relaxed causing Loki to simper.

"Silvertongue" you winked causing Loki to run his tongue over his bottom lip leaving you breathless as you watched the action. Realising you were staring, your eyes quickly found his again and he was still looking at you. You silently yelped before pushing your door open and closing it behind you.

"Y/n, you truly are strange without your morning coffee" he laughed as you pinched the bridge of your nose "I'll bring you one."

"Thanks" you shouted before running to the en-suite and tearing your pyjamas off before jumping into the shower. Once again alone with your thoughts, Kyles words reverberated in your mind until they were fought away by Loki's words. Even in the state you were in, Loki had called you remarkably stunning. Loki was the god of lies, not of telling them. In fact, Loki almost never lied save the odd times he'd prank Thor, not telling him where he had hidden his belongings. He was prided on his sincerity and after spending so much time with him, you knew his compliments were genuine. You soon found yourself grinning at his words as you washed.

Once you were out of the shower, you brushed your teeth before going into your bedroom. As if perfectly timed, your door knocked. You headed towards it and opened it to be greeted by Loki who was holding some coffee along with a small plate with a croissant.

Loki couldn't help but swallow as he took in the sight of you. Your hair was still slightly dripping and your legs were exposed. He had to battle to keep his gaze fixed on your face despite the protest of his mind telling his eyes to wander. He desperately wanted to throw the stupid coffee along with the flaky pastry on the floor and capture your lips in a kiss whilst pushing you backwards into the room, closing the door behind him. He wanted to caress you, claim you, tell you how much he loved you. He wanted you so so much but you were with that no good bastard Ky—

"Loki?" You spoke, snapping him from his thoughts.

"Oh yes" he said awkwardly, handing you the coffee and the plate "I hope you aren't too hungover" he smiled, trying to dissipate the embarrassment he felt after being caught completely transfixed on the heavenly sight that was your exquisite body. With your permission, the things he'd do. He'd completely ravage you, making you his over and over and ov—

"You have to actually let go of the plate when giving it to someone" you giggled, a sound Loki could listen to for millennia, once again taking him from his thoughts.

"Of course" he smiled, letting go of the plate, looking upwards when your towel almost came undone. You quickly fastened it before Loki turned around, feeling his trousers tightening. "I'll see you later" he uttered before heading to his room and slamming the door behind him. Gods were you seraphic.