Chapter 3- ?Hate at first sight?

Adien POV

I open my eyes, struggling immensely. I'm met by a blinding white light and a consequent burning sensation, is this how bears feel after hibernation? Jesus, I would do anything right now just to be able to hibernate for the next 3 years. 

"Right, you're awake, now I can go" a deeply husky, unbelievably sexy voice speaks from my left side. I try to get up wincing in pain.

"Hey! Hey, take it easy, you got beaten up, don't get up until the nurse comes back" the voice spoke again. I turn my head, shocked to see Nick Newman one of the most popular basketball players of our year... No, wait in our entire school. I almost dislike him just for his embodiment of the typical athletic movie trope.

Dark brown curly hair, almost black, mesmerizing green eyes. Jawline that could cut someone. He was surprisingly hard to describe, there's a thoughtfulness behind his eyes that intrigues me. Tall, muscular but not in an intimidating way; an impressive set of muscles. I wonder what he'd look like naked.

I mean... fuck. I didn't mean that.

"I know it's bad, but I've had worse... Much worse" I say after managing to control my thoughts, sitting up and ignoring the pain successfully. I've had worse. He doesn't have much of a chance to reply to my casual comment, because I'm off before he could get in another word edgeways, desperate to leave before he gets a chance to ask questions.

"Tell the nurse I went home," I say grabbing my stuff from the floor, next to the hospital-esque bed. Pausing a bit to steady myself. Breath through the pain Adien. Breath.

"Urm... No, I didn't wait here 2 hours after school, to be told what to do by the likes of you" He muttered bitterly. I look at my phone, taking no notice of him.

"It 6 o'clock already and I never asked you to stay"!I say about to rush out the door, but he stood in front of me. "Get out of the way! I need to go"

"No! I could get suspended because Mrs. Moore caught me in the bathroom, thinking I was the one that beat you up" He yelled throwing his hands above this head theatrically.

"Fine, I'll go now to get you out of it." I give up after the intense staring competition we just had. He's relentless, stubborn.

"I'll come with you" He grabs his stuff next to the blue fabric chair he'd been sitting on not too long ago.  It's almost as if he doesn't trust me to go alone.

"What don't you trust me?" I tease him, trying to lighten the mood. Me being beat up was clearly an inconvenience in his otherwise perfect life.

"No. I don't, to be honest." He says seriously. It's almost frightening, but something about him doesn't intimidate me.

"Hey, how did you find me?"

"I was going to the toilet, the room had been flooded because the idiot that beat you up, was an attempted murderer, trying to drown you" His serious face scared me to an extent of stepping sideways to leave more space between us. Maybe I was wrong.

"Well, thanks," I say awkwardly. We walked in silence. Damn Mrs. Moore for instigating this.

"How may I help you sweet" the Secretary lady smiled. She was beautiful, Latina, long dark hair. You can only imagine the conversations the horny teens had about her. God, I hate men.

"May I please talk to Mrs Moore?" I ask in my sickly sweet polite voice.

"Yes, go on in." she smiles, unsurprisingly an absurd amount of boys get in trouble on purpose so they can come to the office, I feel broken becauseI dont feel anything.

I take a deep breath before knocking several times and hearing a faint and authoritative' come in'.

I step into the room, remembering my first day here at Brighton high when I was introduced and given a timetable. It was a traumatic experience, being the new kid should come with counselling.

"Adien, I hope you're feeling much better. If this was Nick's doing, then I will make sure he is punished-"

"That's the thing I wanted you to talk about... It wasn't Nick"

There's a long pause as if she's thinking about whether or not to believe me. Its almost comical.

"I see... Is he threatening or blackmailing you into defending him" she asks whispering now. I'm mortified. Do adults ever listen?

"No, no, of course,-" she doesn't let me finish.

"Is he out there?" she opens the door before I could reply. I see her standing from her high chair or throne if you may. Opening the door before saying...

"Ah Nick step into my office, we need to chat"

***********

Hey guys hope you liking this book. I have to stop the confusion by saying that the chapters go in a pattern, Adien then Nick this will probably carry on until the end of the book.

Love you all xx