all star game pt. 2

a/n~ hey guys, this is a second part of what i wrote yesterday. this will probably be the last part unless i wanna do more. also if you requested something i will get to it asap! enjoy!

I wake up in the morning and it's freezing in the hotel room. I sit up and look at the time to see it's 11. I get out of bed and open the door to see all my family look at me. "Good morning sunshine." My mom says. "Morning, what time do we have to be there?" I ask. "Excited to see your boyfriend?" My brother teases trying to get a reaction out of me. "Not my boyfriend." I simply respond.

   "We're gonna leave at 3ish because your brother wants to meet all the players." My dad says while looking up from his phone. I nod and go back in my room. Grabbing a towel I head into the bathroom to take a shower. I turn on the hot water and get into the shower after undressing. Doing what I need to do, I finish in about half an hour and get out.

   I walk over to my suitcase and open it to try and pick out an outfit to wear. On top of my clothes I see something new. I take it out and see it's an all star jersey. Curiosity gets the best of me and I turn it over only to see it's not only a Hughes jersey but an autographed one. "Mom," I call and wait for her to come. "What's this?" I say pointing to the piece of clothing in my hands.

   "Oh you found it good. Jack gave it to your brother to give to you. Did you see the note too?" She says. "Note? What note?" I ask and look around to see paper on the floor. I pick it up as my mom leaves the room. Y/n, I want you to wear this to the challenges and game if you wouldn't mind. Also, come see me before it starts today<3 Jack

   You're kidding! That's adorable! I slip a hoodie on and then the jersey on top of it. I find some jeans to wear and put those on as well. I decide to curl my hair and take that out of my bag as well to do. Once I finish that, I do some light makeup as well. I put on black high top converse, grab Jack's coat from last night, and go into the other room.

   "You look cute." My mom says while putting her own shoes on. "Ready to go?" My dad asks and I see it's 3 already. Me and my mom both say yes and we walk out of the hotel and to the car. We drive to the arena and in a few minutes pull into the parking lot. My family and I walk into the lobby of the arena and give security our pass to get in.

   They allow us in and my family heads straight to the back area by the locker rooms. I trail behind on my phone when I get a text from Jack. 'Are you here yet?' He asks. I type yes and send it. He says to come to the locker room and so, with a bit of hesitation, I do. I get there and text him I'm here since I don't wanna walk in and see a bunch of shirtless hockey players staring at me.

   The door opens and out comes Jack with normal clothes and skates on. "Hey." I say. "I have a surprise for you. Come here." He says and takes my hand. "I don't wanna go in there with a bunch of dudes." I laugh. "I'm the only one in here it's okay." He reassures me. I nod and we walk into the room. "Sit." He says and points to his cubby, so I do.

   Jack pulls out a pair of skates from his bag and looks at me smiling. "What?" I say surprised. "I know I said I'd teach you when we got home but I couldn't wait and we have a few hours before the challenges anyway. So what do you say?" He asks. "I mean, of course! But are we allowed to?" I ask worried. "I checked with as many officials as I could and they all said we could." He says, calming my worry.

   I nod my head smiling and he walks over to me. "Put them on and make sure they fit. I'll tie them if they do." He says and sits on the ground in front of me. I slip my own shoes off and put on the skates, which fit perfectly. "How did you know what size I am?" I ask looking at him. "Lucky guess," he laughs, "No I'm kidding, I asked your mom." He says causing me to laugh as well.

   Jack takes my foot and puts it between his legs so he can tie the skates. "Tell me if it's to tight or not tight enough." He says and looks up at me, I simply nod. He gets both skates tied and takes my hands to stand me up. "Are they okay?" He asks. "I think so, I'm not sure though. They feel okay." I respond. "When we get out on the ice you'll be able to tell better." He says.

   I nod and he takes my hand in his before walking out of the locker room. "I'm nervous." I laugh. "That's okay, I won't let you fall or get hurt." He says looking back at me which reassures me. We reach the rink and he steps out before turning to me. "Ready?" Jack asks, "As ready as I'll ever be." I respond. I take both his hands and step out onto the ice.

   Just like yesterday I immediately fall into him and he wraps his arms around me. "That's okay, don't worry about it." He says before I can even apologize. He smells so good, I think to myself. "Just try and stand up straight for me. I'm gonna skate backwards, you don't have to move your feet just try and keep them from drifting apart." He says and I nod.

   Grabbing both my hands he begins to skate backwards just like he said. I look down at my feet trying to not let them drift apart. "Hey, let me see those pretty eyes. Keep your eyes up and on me." He says and let's go of one of my hands to lift my chin up. I blush but manage to keep eye contact. "Good girl." He says smiling and I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach.

   "Now I want you to push your feet back, one after another. But don't forget to keep your eyes on me princess." He says, the nickname drives me crazy. Despite the name and eye contact I do what he says and feel my feet push back on the smooth surface. "There you go, you're doing it." He says with a big smile on his face. I keep doing it and lose myself looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

   Without even realizing it, he lets my hands go and I skate all by myself. "Keep your eyes on me." He says. After a minute or two he comes closer to me and takes my waist. "Look where you are." He softly says which causes me to finally break eye contact and look around. "We're where we started." I say questionably. "Yeah, you did this. You skated this far by yourself y/n." He says getting closer.

   My face heats up by his movement and I muster up the courage to speak. "I did? When did you let go?" I ask. "When we first crossed the red line." He answers. "Kiss already!" I hear someone yell. Jack and I immediately look in the direction of the voice instead of at each other. To my surprise I see the New Jersey Devil (the mascot) holding my little brother and Trevor standing next to them.

   "When did you get here ay?" Jack calls, tightening his grip on me. "I don't know like 10 minutes ago." Trevor answers. Out of embarrassment I turn my face away from them and lean on Jack's shoulder. "So you saw her skate?" Jack asks him, to which he nods his head yes. "And you say 'look into my eyes.' and call her princess." Trevor mocks.

   "Oh my god." I mumble. Jack rubs my back as if to comfort me and I can hear him chuckle. "Go away will you?" He asks and the three turn and walk away. "They're gone." He says and lifts my head up with his finger. "May I?" He asks looking into my eyes. I nod and we both lean in until our lips touch. It's not a long kiss but it's everything I've dreamed of.

   All of the sudden we hear claps, yells, chirps, and sticks hitting the ice. The both of us pull apart and see most of the athletes in the competition and us on the Jumbotron. "You've got to be kidding me." I laugh causing him to as well. "All star rookie making a scene!" Auston Matthews says laughing. "When did they get here? And why are we on the screen?" I whisper.

   He rubs my head and smiles down at me. "I could as you the same thing." He laughs. "You wanna go?" He asks, seeing my nerves setting in. I nod and he takes my hand skating off the ice with me. We walk back to the locker room and sit down together. "I didn't mean for everyone to see." He says, apologizing. "No it's okay, don't worry about it." I respond while taking my skates off and putting my shoes back on.

   "When we get back to Jersey we can do this again if you want. But actually just us." He laughs. "That's sounds good." I laugh as well. "I should go find my parents and you should start getting ready." I say standing up. He nods with a sad look in his eyes. "Do good tonight hockey boy." I say smiling and kiss his cheek lightly. "I'll text you, yeah?" He says causing me to nod before opening the locker room door. "Please do." I respond before going to find my family.

word count: 1739