[CH25.5]Mission

Author = [Hello]
Actions = Sigh
Emphasizing = Why
Thoughts = 'Why'
Speaking = "Why"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n Pov

I'm snapped back to reality upon hearing something of interest to me. "Hey! Team CFVY is back!" A random student had called out. Along with Team RWBY, I had made my way out of the school to greet the team. I watch as the Bullhead descends and lands on the platform before sliding open to reveal the group. Exhausted, battered, and only slightly without the will to live.

'Brings me back to when I stepped off my first battlefield during Gwyn's rain...' I thought, smiling dreamily behind my mask.

"YOU!" Said smile dropped as Velvet yelled in my direction. Her eyes lighting up with life and an unnatural, for her, amount of fury and began walking towards me. "What did we say about keeping in touch?!" I put my hands up to try and defend myself as the girl pouted. "We thought something happened to you!"

"Yeah sorry. Kinda forgot to even look at the scroll after the ship wreck. Too busy making money hunting to repair it. Did ya know, Menagerie has like barely any grimm in the non desert part of it?" I stated, trying to change the convo while also name dropping Menagerie just to fuck with Blake who I knew was close enough to hear our talk.

"O-oh..." Velvet deflated. "Next time please talk to us. Your my only friend outside of the team..."

"We only talked for a week before I left though..." Velvet looked up to me with a pout. "Alright alright, I get it. I'll check in with you as soon as night falls on our mission."

"OH! You're going out? Right now?"

"Yep." I tilt my head towards Team RWBY. "Long story but i'm being sent out with them."

Velvet turns to RWBY and waves, "You're first years so you should be fine." A pained look crosses her eyes, "Whatever mission you're all on will be much nicer than grimm extermination..." She shakes her head turns to me with a glare  while pointing at both our eyes before walking off to join her, still disheartened, team. RWBY for their part just watched on with worry at the retreating figures of CFVY disappeared into Beacon.

"Come along children we're ten minutes late for our mission." Oobleck made his presence known as he walked by the team. "Drop your bags, you won't be needing them, and get on the Bullhead." He continued as he moved to board the metal beast. I let out a snicker at the reactions of the team as they realized he was the teacher assigned to this mission. I quickly make my way on to the bullhead with RWBY finally in tow. The hatch closing when Ruby entered last.

The hatch opens, as the the group of six make their way out and watch as it leaves them in the middle of the forest. "Now children, it is imperative that all of you listen to what I say and do exactly as I tell you. Ruby! What did I tell you about your backpack?!"

"Uh... to leave it?"

"Then why is it here?"

"You didn't tell us to listen to you till now..."

"Hmmm an adequate response. Very well, now, leave your pack behind."

"But..."

"Young lady what could possibly be inside that pack that you--"

BARK

Zwei, somehow, jumped out of the backpack to the shock of the rest of the team and worry of Ruby. Said girl trying desperately to shove it back into the pack.

"Young lady... you brought a dog into a grimm infested forest? GENIUS!"

"It is? It is! I am a genius!" Ruby gloated. The rest of the team facepalmed.