Courting

Hey again!Sorry I haven't updated in a while,you know,exams.Here's the second chapter!The next chapter will be about Mellissa going to Malfoy Manor!Happy reading!

  ~~~

CHAPTER 2:COURTING

~~~

Third person POV

And the rest of the week,Mellissa spent her time reading etiquette books and asking her mother for help.

Aurora had been happy to help her daughter in pure-blood etiquette and apartment designing.She had also spoken to Wendell about their daughter.

"Wendell,she'll have to be courted by someone by 18!"

"I know,Aurora,Theo said that Draco would be willing."Wendell told his wife.

"Draco?As in Draco Malfoy?"Aurora asked,her face lighting up.

"Yes"

"Oh,she sure is lucky if the heir of the richest family in England is willing to marry her!"

Wendell's eyes narrowed"Too early to talk about marriage,Aurora,she's only 18 for Merlin's sake!Let her live her life before settling down!"

Aurora huffed and walked away.She knew she could never win an argument with her husband,he was just too stubborn.

~~~

"Mel?"

Mellissa jumped as Draco flooed into her  room.His face lit up as he saw her walking towards him.She jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you"She said as she breathed in his expensive cologne.

"Missed me?"he said as he lifted her head and kissed her lightly.

"Yes"She admitted as she breathed in his expensive cologne.

"Why are you here?"

"Why,to court you,ofcourse"

"Court me?"Mellissa was confused at that.

"Shit,I didn't tell you?"

"Pure-blood Courting Customs,paragraph 2:Courting is an old Pure-blood tradition of being involved with someone romantically with the intention of marrying.All pure-blood witches are expected to be courted by 18 and wizards by 20"Someone interrupted them,it was Theo.

"Oh,forgive me for not knocking the door,am I interrupting something?"Theo said as  he smirked and plopped on his sister's bed.

"Oh,nothing at all,you jerk"Draco scowled.

"Now,now,Draco be nice"Theo said,trying to mock Lucius but failing miserably.

"So you want to court me and marry me?"Mellissa cut into the banter.

"Courting,yes.But marriage is for whenever you're ready."Draco said.

"Oh,alright then"

"Draco dear,is that you?"Aurora,who just entered the room asked.

"Good afternoon,Mrs.Nott"Draco said while kissing her hand.

"Oh,always the charmer"Aurora said.

Draco chuckled "May I talk to you and Mr.Nott about something?"

"Ofcourse,he's in the drawing room"

They both left the room leaving the twins alone.

"Want to play Wizards Chess,sis?"he asked.

"It would be my pleasure Theo"

~~~

"Draco,How have you been?"Wendell asked as he saw Draco walking towards him along with Aurora.

"I've been doing alright,Mr.Nott"he replied as he shook Wendell's hand.

"Draco wants to talk to us about something"Aurora said giving Wendell a knowing look.

"Oh,take a seat Draco,what is it?"

"Well,I'm sure Mellissa told you that we're dating...."

Wendell and Aurora nodded.

"I'm very happy with her and I-I want  to take this relationship further...so,I want to court her,with your permission"He finished nervously.

"Did you ask her?"Wendell asked after a while.

"Yes"

"And she said....?"

"Yes"

"You're parents?"

"They're happy to make an alliance with you"

"Well then,ofcourse we'll allow it"Wendell said happily.

"Thankyou Mr.Nott"

"Go on,go and tell her"Aurora smiled.

Draco nodded and walked out,he went to Mellissa's room and saw her playing chess with her brother

"Ugh!I hate this game!"

"That's because you're losing"Theo sang.

They both looked up when the door shut.

"Well?"

They both got their answer when Draco smiled.

"I'll leave you both alone now, congratulations "Theo said and got up to leave.

"You look super weird in that smile,by the way"he said to Draco and walked out of the room shutting the door behind.

Draco barely had time to turn around before his lover started kissing him.

It wasn't long until they pulled away for air.

"I've got to go,I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow"Draco said before kissing her again.He then floo'ed back to Malfoy Manor.

Where she would be going tomorrow.

~~~

Thankyou for reading!

Love,

Charlotte.