Meeting the Malfoys

Here is the next chapter!Watch out for any manacled references!

~~~~~

CHAPTER 3:MEETING THE MALFOYS 

~~~~~

Third Person POV

With a gust of wind Draco and Hermione apparated outside Malfoy Manor.

It was almost as if being back to her memories.

The gardens were livelier,the sky brighter but Malfoy Manor had not changed.It still stood tall and strong.There was a dark aura still surrounding it.

"Let's go"Draco's voice bought her back to the present.

They walked through the gardens,she noticed the roses were especially lovely, along the gravel path and reached the front door.

The doors opened and they stepped in.Mellissa looked around.

They were in the foyer.

Malfoy Manor had changed on the inside.

The walls were painted in white color and the floors were tiled with white marble.There were portraits whipering about the new guest.

"Looks like he's finally getting married!"She heard a woman with long blonde hair,probably Draco's ancestor, say in a hushed whisper.

She heard the sound of heels clicking on the floor and turned around to see the lady of the manor approaching them.

Narcissa Malfoy looked as regal as ever.Her long blonde hair was neatly combed and she was wearing a long black dress.Her eyes still held the craze only a Black could hold.Even in her forties,the woman still looked like a model.

She smiled as she neared them.

Mellissa observed,Draco had his mother's smile.

"Finally!I thought you'd never come"Narcissa said as she kissed her son's cheek.

"Oh,Ms.Nott!Pleasure to finally meet you"she said as she kissed Mellissa's cheek.Mellissa kissed Narcissa's cheek as she read in Proper Etiquette For Pure-blood Ladies by Charlotte Selwyn.

"The pleasure's all mine Mrs.Malfoy and call me Mellissa please"

"Then call me Narcissa darling"She said kindly.

"Come on,dinner's ready"Narcissa said as she led them to the dining hall.

I felt Draco's hand on my waist and relaxed a bit.

Lucius Malfoy sat in the dining hall looking nothing like a newly released Azkaban prisioner.He was in expensive robes and his hair was held back.He looked like a king without a crown.But his eyes were tired.

I took a seat next to Draco.

"Draco.Ms.Nott."Lucius aknowledged them.

"Father"

"Mr.Malfoy"

Draco and Mellissa said on the same time.

There was awkward and tense silence for a few seconds.

"Lucius"Narcissa hissed at her husband.

"What do you want me to ask her Cissy?I'm not a woman I can't discuss fashion with her"Lucius told his wife in a gravelly voice.

Narcissa rolled her eyes and turned to Mellissa.

"How is mother dear?It's been a while since I've last visited Aurora"Narcissa asked.

"Oh she's fine, Narcissa"Mellissa replied nervously.She was still a bit uncomfortable.

They finished the rest of the dinner with some 'ladies gossip' as Draco put it.Suprisingly she and Narcissa got along well.Draco and Lucius were quiet.She could notice some tension between them.

"We should to do this again sometime,it was lovely meeting you Mellissa,send your family my love"Narcissa said before Mellissa and Draco left.

"Your mother is a very nice person"Mellissa told Draco as they crossed the anti-apparation wards.

"I'm glad you liked her"

 They arrived at Nott Manor and saw Theo waiting for them.

"Ah,there you are.How'd that go?"He asked as he saw them come in.

"Alright"His sister replied before kissing Draco.

"Eww"Theo made a face as he saw his sister and best mate kissing.

"Goodnight"Draco whispered a he turned to leave.

"Did you like Narcissa?"Theo asked after Draco left.

"Yes,she's an amazing person"

"Hmm"

"I'm going to bed,She sends her love to you by the way"

"Goodnight"Theo said as she left,not noticing the Daily Prophet clutched in Theo's hands.

~~~~~

A little cliffhanger for you all!What do you think is in that newspaper?And yes,a warm and welcoming Narcissa and an accepting and silent Lucius for Draco's parents were my best choices.I hope you liked this chapter!Please vote and follow me!

Love,

Charlotte.