Tealer + Abused! Child! Reader

TW! Mentions of abuse, death, and starvation
Requested by @MoraltheSystemGuard

There was a saying nearly everyone is aware of. 'Every child deserves a parent, but not every parent deserves a child.' You, even at a fairly young age, was aware that this statement fit way too well with your own family. You barely even survived getting out of the door without something threatening a concussion.

You had had enough, though, and too afraid to go to someone else for better help, you ran. Gathered whatever you could carry in your backpack and walked out while your parents were asleep. Why bother alerting them? The best outcome of that would just be them not giving a single damn.

Days go by, and it seemed like you were almost invisible. Almost. There had been a handful of people trying to get you, put you in foster care, or maybe even take you back home. But you'd run every time they even dared think to approach. You couldn't go back to that hell of a family.

However, the misfortunes of being homeless were catching up to you. Your stomach growled painfully as you nearly had to kneel to withstand it. Even then, you kept pushing. You needed a new home. Someone to actually care for you. You can't die now...

Your wandering eventually brought you to the large, iron gates of the long abandoned amusement park, Tealerland. You've never heard of the place, but your horrid hunger pangs snapped you back into reality, so you continued with the high hopes of finding any kind of even barely edible food. Yet, as soon as you entered, the sense of eyes watching your every move immediately set in. You couldn't help but freeze for a moment, whipping your head around in panic.

Were you caught? Was someone patrolling? Were they gonna kill you??

Were they gonna take you home?

The thought horrified you, and so you ran, soon met with a huge tunnel dug underground. The hatch was flung open, nearly ripped off the hinges from the caked on rust. You slowed, ignoring the flight response that was setting in, and you began to head down. The only noise accompanying you was the sound of your own torn shoes hitting metal.

You were met with concrete, taking out the flashlight from your bag and shining it around. A loud bang of metal quickly alerted you that something else was down here with you, and regret hit. You looked around, worried and terrified of the thought of horribly dismembered by some still-sentient manmade thing. And as if the devil himself had heard, your flashlight reflected off the surface of a half metal - half cloth animatronic.

It hadn't seemed to acknowledge your presence, right until the light beamed on it.

Its metal joints clicked as it snapped up to its full height, a robotic growl emitting through the room. The animatronic turned to face you, eyes seemingly averted but still almost staring in your general direction. It began to approach, at first its pace confident and quick, but as soon as you cowered and shrank back, it slowed. Stopping a few feet ahead of you, it carefully knelt down, keeping its gaze averted, much to your minor confusion.

"H-hello, ch-chi-child...!" It spoke softly, voice box noticeably damaged. You, too afraid to speak, decided to instead inspect the strange metal being. Its body very poorly represented that of a greyish-blue(?) dragon, dulled and raggid clothes bringing you to believe it was... what was it called... a Jasper? You finally found your voice, curiosity pushing you to ask.

"H-hi..." you squeak out, fiddling with your hands as you look away, "U-um... what are you...?" The animatronic almost winced, pleased that you acknowledged it. "My-y na-n-name is T-Te-Tealer, y-young one-n-ne. I-I'm w-what-t-t yo-ou c-call a jester-er-r!" "Tealer...?" You repeated, before very weakly smiling, "I-I like your name... my name's Y/n...!"

The dragon jester stood up, clapping softly, "Wh-what a lovel-ly name-e-e!" It laughed. Silence was quick to follow as your stomach growled once again, causing you to hunch over with a whimper. Tealer flinched and stepped closer, "Oh-h y-you poor-or-r de-e-ear... come-e, li-ittle o-on-one! I'll have-e Wil-l-llow and-d Tace-ey fin-nd you s-so-someth-thing-g-g to eat." It gently took your hand and led you deeper into the catacombs, meeting with triceratops and wyvern animatronics.

You soon passed out before you catch what any of them would say...

---------------------------

A slight shift of your form quickly brought Tealer to your side, hopeful you'd wake. He watched closely, worry and anxiety meddling with his system. You slowly open your eyes, and the dragon nearly jumps for pure joy. The wyvern from earlier, Willow, enters with a luke-warm bowl of soup and just stale bread.

Tealer thanks her, taking the bowl and carefully setting it down beside you. You sit up, holding your stomach as it growls immediately. In response, the dragon nudges the bowl and saucer plate closer. You were quick to get the hint, swiping the bowl and almost gulping the soup down with little care or thought.

He would've frowned if he could, wondering how and why such a sweet little kid was so starved and lost. You devoured the bread as well, thanking Tealer with tears in your eyes at his generosity. He pulls you into a hug, his claws running down your back as he soothed you, like the father you never had...

Here, you had found your family.

/And done! I really hoped you enjoyed. And to those actually going through something like this, know your not alone. Tysm for reading! 960 words

- Bunn