AWAKE : SEVEN

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

Jennie was missing.

I feel like I could faint at any time because of the nervousness I feel right now. I feel week...my mind was struggling to process that Jennie is gone and I don't know where she is.

My knees buckled as I slid down to the floor. I can't handle this by myself. it's a good thing that my sister is here.

I look at Jennie's room. Her belongings are still here. The car key and even her favorite Chanel bags are also here. This is not just a normal theft event.

"We should tell this to them," Nayeon said, pulling me up. "Think about it in a positive way."

"Like what, Unnie? Jennie was missing. What do you want me to think about it? That she walked while she's in deep sleep? Or she's alive and you didn't kill her because of the smacking you did when I said everyone was asleep?" she just scoffed at me before dragging me to the living room.

"Y/n, think about it. If Jennie was really abducted, then that can only mean one thing: there are others who are awake."

Right. That's the only explanation.

I immediately turn my laptop on and log in to my Twitter account. I saw the others message, but I didn't mind it; instead, I sent a video call.

"Guys, I do have a problem," I said as the call started.

"Where have you been, Y/N?" Jihyo says, her eyes wide with panic.

"It doesn't matter," Nayeon butted, sitting at my side and grabbing my laptop to face her. "I need to tell you something."

"Someone's missing in your house," Chaeyoung asked before I could even speak. Her eyes and nose look red. And even her facial features aren't quite right.

She looks worried.

I nod. "Yeah, when we got home...I don't know when she suddenly disappeared. I think that maybe when I was taking a bath and Nayeon was resting in her bedroom... or when we went to B.M."

I pause, realizing something. "How did you know?"

She looks at me through the computer screen. "All of the kids in our neighborhood are gone."

I sucked in a breath sharply.

"My little cousin is missing too," Mina states. Her voice was steady, and even her facial expression was neutral. It seems like she and Sana are the only ones who're unaffected here. "I found out as soon as I got home."

I suddenly feel guilty. 

I was so busy celebrating my victory against the rabid dog earlier that I forgot to check on Jennie.

"You know what this means, right?" Jihyo asks us. "There are others like us who are awake."

"We have to find them, then," Dahyun whispered. "They are the only ones who can answer our questions."

"I am sure that they can help us in our situation right now," Tzuyu said, agreeing with what Dahyun said.

Sana scoffs. "Yeah, right," she said sarcastically. "They took your little sister and brother and even your cousin, Minari. Obviously, they have no good intentions."

I suddenly felt the cold of Nayeon's hand, so I immediately looked at her. "What if Sana is right? What if they're the ones who took Jennie?"

"Aish, I know Jennie is like your little sister too, but we don't have any clue or even evidence. Let's just think positively, okay? Let's think that she's okay."