AWAKE : TEN

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

I lost consciousness for a short while.

I knew it just a few seconds before I woke up: my companions were still inside Jihyo's van and hadn't yet recovered from the accident.

I looked at Nayeon, who was now adjusting her eyesight. As we collided earlier, I used my body as a shield and covered her body immediately so that she wouldn't be injured. And me, I was unlucky enough because the impact on me was really strong... my body hit the side of my sister's window, and now I'm really feeling the pain in my back.

"Is everyone okay?" I ask them. Thankfully, none of them were injured or, at worst, died. Well, except maybe for Jeongyeon and Jihyo. Because they're both in the front, the impact of the accident on their bodies is also strong.

We step out of the vehicle slowly; my head is throbbing. I also helped my companions and Nayeon to step out. Until now, you can still see in their faces the shock and fear, clearly scared out of their minds.Well, we almost died. 

Maybe that's normal, isn't it?

The front of the convenience store is completely destroyed, as is the van. There are bits of glass scattered everywhere. If Jeongyeon hit the breaks a second too late, for sure we're now passing by San Pedro.

"Well, damn," Dahyun says, disappointed. "We don't have any cars to use now."

Momo gave her a glare. "Just be thankful you're not dead."

Yeah, I'm still thankful that I'm not dead, but... how are we supposed to go home if we don't have any cars right now? And add the fact that my car was still on the Han River.

My poor baby car.

I felt a touch on my shoulder. "Y/N?"

As I turned my head to look at Sana, I felt something warm drop from the top of my head to my cheeks. I don't need to touch it to know what it is.

When Sana saw my face, her eyes immediately widened. "Y/n! You're bleeding." 

I quickly fished out the handkerchief in my pocket and used it to wipe the blood from my cheeks. Then I gave Sana a reassuring smile. "I'm fine; don't worry about me."

But she shook her head and grabbed my chin. She tilts my head to the side, bringing her head to examine my wounds.

Too close.

"We need to treat your wound," she says. Her face is so close to mine that I can practically smell her minty breath. Not that I'm complaining, though. She looks at me straight in the eyes, patting my cheeks slightly. 

Ugh, she's so damn beautiful.

Now I'm know that this world is really unfair. :)