Chapter 5: on a mission to Yokohama

9:30 a.m. Yokohoma. Weather is nice. I must stay in his designated spot until 3:00 p.m. I won't be seeing him or anyone he is associated with during this mission. All I have to do is keep an eye out for anything suspicious and perform my civilian duty and report any crimes to the heroes or police. That's it.

Satorou had instructed me to wear normal civilian clothes, which I was thankful for because that meant I didn't need to sneak my hero costume out of school. Anyway, if anything should go wrong, he is responsible for getting me out of this mess.

Hours passed and I started to wonder whether anyone would think it's suspicious that a young girl is leaning against a wall, frozen in place, for a few hours. But if he had instructed me to stand exactly at this point then I know him well enough to trust him. Like I said, if anything goes wrong, he is to blame.

As I was standing there, I was trying to figure out what my uncle might be up to. I hadn't noticed anyone suspicious yet and I was starting to get bored. He owes me some ice cream, I thought. No, he owes me a lot more than that. Oh wait, I'm doing this because I owe him. Right.

What do I owe him exactly? Only the training and those times he took care of me as a child when my parents were unavailable. My mum seems to care, and I truly believe that she does, but she's too busy. Dad is 'working' right now, and I've got used to the thought that he's MIA. So naturally, being an only child, uncle Gojo is the only family I have. Yes, he's annoying, but at the end of the day I really care about him. It's he who started this talk about owing and I wish he'd stop, it's mentally draining. I want to help without feeling that someone's forcing me to do it. I probably would have accepted this job out of my free will if there was no talk about owing him something.

This reminds me of what this philosopher wrote about. Hobbes, I think. He argued that a person's actions are always 'free', albeit the motivations to do something can be influenced, but not the actual action itself. The person is fully responsible for that. I can't help but agree with that notion, even if I don't want to.

I jolted to full consciousness. How long was I inattentive?

I looked at my phone. I couldn't decide whether it had fortunately or unfortunately only been ten minutes.

Something, however, caught my attention. I am quite sensitive to any sort of airflow, especially if it's unusual. This means that I can detect other's movements, but usually it's too late by then because most villains are fast. People had been rushing past me for hours but now I noticed that one of them had a higher body temperature than normal.

I peered into the crowd. Don't stare. Don't stare. Yup, there! That person with short blue hair and a yellow hoodie has a fever.

My mind drifted back to Satorou. It's not that I wasn't grateful, but I don't think I should owe him the times he had to take care of me as a child. If anyone then my parents owe him, not me. It's not fair bringing up stuff from my childhood when I wasn't even half aware of what I was doing. And he was the one who offered to train me. So, in conclusion, I owe him nothing, besides loving him. And I do. Everything is alright. I'll have a talk with him sometime about this, it's not things will be resolved without talking about the problem.

Speaking of problems, I was in for a lecture on Monday, if not sooner. A part of me hoped that Mr. Aizawa would forget about it over the weekend, but I highly doubted it. I wonder what kind of punishment I'll receive.

"Hey, Y/n."