0.1 [AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Hello, all! 

So, this is going to be a little different from some of my other works. I feel like I need to explain outright so that people can get exactly where I'm coming from. 

I have a particular interest in old pulp publications-- including old pulp sci-fi magazines and pulp lesbian novels. These are things I'm very interested in (both reading- and study-wise) and, as such, inspired by. Those two genres (if you can call them genres; I suppose that would be up to you) are things I wanted to pull into this. Did I succeed? I have no clue. I'm notoriously bad at perceiving my own work. 

I feel obligated to issue a bit of a content warning. While this isn't going to be as heavy as my other works (oh god, it's going to be so much lighter), there will still be some discussions of things like homophobia and internalized homophobia. That's going to be pretty content. That being said, if there's a specific kind of content warning you would appreciate going into this, let me know and I'll make a chapter-by-chapter list of what comes up. Until prompted, I'm just going to put things I know I would appreciate. That will be at the end of this note. 

Third (and final) topic on the docket is the ONC of it all. Insert an obligatory "I own my story" thing here (I don't know how to word it and I am writing this at one in the morning). That's not the thing, though-- the real issue is the prompt. I'm using prompt 67, which is as follows: 

While working on a case, you come across a newspaper dated twenty five years ago and when you start reading it, an article catches your attention.

Just for clarity's sake, I'm going to mention that this comes up in the second chapter (1.2), during a conversation about aliens. You'll see. 

Oh, I guess there was a surprise fourth agenda item. The book is divided into parts. For transparency's sake, I will clarify that the first number in a given chapter title denotes the part, while the second is the chapter number in that part. So, 1.2 would be the second chapter of the first part, 1.3 would be the third chapter of the first part, and so on. 

CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER CW LIST

1.2: description and mention of vomit (nothing too intense)