Like Grandfather, Like Grandson (Albus Severus Potter)

***

4TH YEAR

"Yes, dad. I'll be sure to get home immediately after meeting with Scorpius" I say, disapparating before the older man could say anything. I had finally graduated from Ilvermorny and yet dad still seemed to see me as a little girl. Maybe it's his fear that mum's blood curse would somehow find it's way to me and I'd have to suffer the same fate, she did years ago. I somehow managed to evade the curse, but every walking day is simply scary because the bloody thing could just pop up at any minute. It's practically the reason Scorpius isn't going all little brother crazy on me.

I apparate and walk down a few minutes into Hogsmeade. Merlin, it's truly been a long time since I've last visited here. I had studied in Hogwarts for my first two years, but then dad had quickly brought me to America once I got into the age when mum started to develop her blood curse. Merlin, was it always cold here? I shouldn't have come dressed in my uniform. Now, I'm starting to got cold.

Walking into the Three Broomsticks, I relish in the feeling of warmth and remember the few times dad brought me here, just so I could know what it was like since I had never gotten in the age to try going to Hogsmeade with friends. Looking around, I spot the familiar patch of bleach blonde hair that settled with another person - who I assume is one of the Potter boys that Scorpius has told me about - in a booth. Approaching the booth, I immediately hug Scorpius, who - for a moment - goes rigid, before seeing the familiar colors of my Ilvermorny school uniform.

"Scorpius," I start, unraveling my arms from around him and settling on the seat, opposite of him and Potter boy "How have you been?"

"I'm fine, but how have you been?" His voice tried to stay neutral, but I could tell the slight waver and edge in it. He was worried. I was out whilst it was freezing and he probably thought that I was going to wither away like mum did.

"I'm fine, Scorpius," I turn to the Potter boy beside him "Why don't you introduce me, yeah?"

Nodding, he turned to the Potter boy "Sis, this is my bestfriend, Albus. And Albus, this is my older sister that I have told you about" He spoke in a manner that sounded... threatening? Not to me at least. I would question him on it if we hadn't had other company with us.

"Pleasure, Malfoy" He smiled, raising his hand to shake mine. "Likewise, Potter" I answer, giving him a firm handshake. Scorpius seemed to think that we held hands for long enough since he had cut in and separated our hands. Little brothers and their protectiveness over the bestfriends. I mentally roll my eyes at the thought. It was absurd, really.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, but what are you doing here?" Scorpius asked slowly

"I had my last day yesterday at Ilvermorny and I'd just gotten back this morning. Dad told me about your Hogsmeade trip today and I thought why not surprise you" I laugh "I know you're going through puberty, Scorpius, but at least let your big sister see her favorite brother, yeah?"

Rolling his eyes at my words, he answered, "I'm your only brother"

"Thankfully at that"

***

Getting ready for the ball, I make sure that my dress was secured on to me tightly and that the pearly necklace did not stray from the center of my neck. We were hosting the annual Malfoy Christmas Gala, and this would ultimately be the first Christmas I celebrate wherein I don't have to go back to America. A knocking on my door echoed from the spaces of my room, calling out a 'come in' as I continued to and on final touches with my makeup.

"The guests will arrive soon. You should head on down with Scorpius" Dad called, looking at me with a worried smile. He never did stop worrying. His worrying of my health had only made him look older than he actually did, and Merlin, was it terrifying. It was practically like watching him wither away his life. He was breathing and yet, he wasn't living. Nodding, I join him and link our arms together. He walked me down the stairs and had me stand beside Scorpius as one of the guests started to arrive.