5.

According to the data Tharn has got on Type, there was no living relative of Type from his father's side. This proves to be wrong when a woman around his aunt's age comes to his company demanding to get Type back to his family or she would call the police. Tharn has been quiet for a couple of minutes, which makes the woman more anxious and a little less confident. She has started to fidget with her fingers and avoid his gaze.

"Ms... Have you even introduced yourself, actually?" Tharn asked, his eyes narrowed into slits.

"Amiya," she said, "I demand you hand over the Omega. He belongs to his family, not with you. Knowing about his previous escapades, he probably forced mating with you. Let us handle it for now."

Tharn let an empty chuckle and shook his head, placing his chin on his linked hands. He was assessing the woman from head to toe and could tell that she was one of the 'newly made rich wives' of Bangkok's higher class. But she was as green as an undeveloped tomato. He sighed and closed his eyes, only to open his red pupils to her.

"Type is my mate. He belongs with me, not as you said to his family. He is a living and thinking person, why should you pose as his owners? And he has made a choice to stand by my side as my mate, Omega, and hopefully future husband and father. I will never tolerate you barging in here to spread some pointless arguments about his so-called escapades. What escapades do you even mean? The fact that he rejected to be mated to that stuck-up Alpha? Or the fact that he refused to be a puppet in your little Monopoly game?" Tharn asked with venom in his voice.

Amiya took a step back, her nose easily picking up the angry pheromones of an Alpha. A bad move made by her, Tharn and Type were newly mated and should have still been together and not meeting with other people. Tharn was called into the company to get the following week's agenda and his work laptop, so he could work from his and his mate's nest. Amiya's visit, unfortunately, collided with that.

There was no easy way for her to back out from the decision she had made, but she chose the worst option available - she tried to make a spectacle to her family about how ruthless, barbaric, and violent Tharn Kirigun truly is. The worst that came out of it was the press which got a hold of the news and soon after she had flown out of TTK, most of the gossip magazines and websites were covered in the issue.

A lot of new money investors took the side of the Phawattakun family since they did not know the full story of Tharn and Type's mating. Many of the old ones sided with Kiriguns, not only because they knew how the Phawattakun family dealt with their only Omega heir, but also because their businesses could be easily affected by TTK's fall. Tharn was agitated most of the days that followed the press storm, Type not fairing better - the Omega was anxious and scared of touching almost anything inside his new house. Tharn suggested not once nor twice but the younger always dismissed his propositions.

"It's supposed to be our den, which means both of us should feel comfortable in it," Tharn said while they were lying on the couch in the living room after dinner. Type got a little bit better with the physical contact and Tharn showing him affection at random times. "Especially if we'd like to make it a home."

Type just burrowed himself deeper into the thick navy blanket and nodded. He felt full and tired after dinner and did not want to discuss serious stuff. Tharn looked down at the black-haired Omega and chuckled seeing how he was barely keeping his eyes open. Slowly, he slid his arms under Type and raised him up, moving towards their bedroom. There was no use in trying to talk to the Omega tonight.

He was moving around the bedroom while Type slept. There was that feeling inside him that put him on guard. Like something was happening and he was not aware of it. It was mildly terrifying since he had Type to protect. He swallowed the drink in his glass and winced, tasting watery whiskey. His gaze landed on the Omega.