⠀ ii | we got work to do

*ੈ𖤐‧₊˚

[ chapter two, we got work to do ]( episode one ; pilot )

( episode one ; pilot )

  "FEMALE MURDER; HITCHHIKING," keyboard clicked beneath Dean's fingertips as he typed into the search bar. A web browser was open to the archive search page for the Jericho Herald. The three had decided to head to the local library Dean clicked GO, but the screen just told him there are "(0) Results". Next, he tried replacing "Hitchhiking" with"Centennial Highway" but was simply greeted with the same response.

Big fat nothing. Zilch. Zero.

Sam and Max were left next to him sighing at his attempts, exchanging looks of boredom as their brother continued to fail at researching

"Let me try," Max attempted to intervene, but Dean just smacked her hand away, earning a stern glare from the brunette.

"I got it," he insisted, but Max only rolled her eyes, grasping the back of Dean's chair and pulling him backwards, the wheels working to her advantage to send him sliding away

"Dude!" hitting her on the shoulder, he wheeled himself back, Max now in the middle, "You're such a control freak." He told her as she looked over to Sam, who was grinning and trying his best not to laugh.

"So angry spirits are born out of violent death, right?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, maybe it's not murder," looking back at the screen, she replaced "Murder" with "Suicide" smirking when immediately, an article entitled "Suicide on Centennial" popped up on the screen. Dean glanced at Max as Sam pushed her out of the way and opened the article, dated April 25, 1981.

"What the hell?" She protested as Dean smirked at her

"What? Don't like the taste of your own medicine?" narrowing her eyes, shoved him playfully, only to earn a harsh shove back

"Hey!" Sam scolded them, like a parent would their children, "Knock it off, both of you!" clearly amused at his angered tone, Dean and Max smirked at one another, wheeling their chairs back so that Sam now had his turn in the middle

"Gees, who died and made you king?" Max teased, ignoring the fact that Sam had yet to even look at them, too busy absorbing the information from the article

A local woman's drowning death was ruled a suicide, the county Sheriff's Department said earlier today. Constance Welch, 24, of 4636 Breckenridge Road, leaped off Sylvania Bridge, at mile 33 of Centennial Highway, and subsequently drowned last night. Deputy J. Pierce told reporters that, hours before her death, Ms. Welch logged a call with 911 emergency services.

In a panicked tone, Ms. Welch described how she found her two young children, 5 and 6, in the bathtub, after leaving them alone for several [minutes]. She reported that their complex-[...] What happened to my children was a terrible accident. And it must have been too much for my wife. Our babies were gone, and Constance just couldn't bear it," said husband Joseph Welch. "Now I ask that you all please respect my privacy during this trying time."