⠀ iii | wendigo

*ੈ𖤐‧₊˚

[ chapter three, wendigo ]( episode two ; wendigo )

( episode two ; wendigo )

"DUDE, YOU'RE CHEATING," Blackwater Ridge Lost Creek, Colorado. Two tents are set up near a fire ring.

Crickets chirp.

Inside one tent, two Young men, Brad and Gary, are playing head-to-head handheld video games.

"No, you just suck."

Something growled outside.

In the other tent, a third Young Man, Tom Collins, records a video message on his cell phone.

"Hey Haley, day six, we're still out near Blackwater Ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow."

Tom stops recording and sends the message. Brad closes his game system and tosses it aside. Gary stares at his system for a moment, then turns to look at Brad, who is getting up and unzipping the tent.

"Hey, where ya goin'? My moment of victory."

"Nature calls" Brad goes outside and zips up the tent behind him. He goes to stand against the tree to relieve himself. The fire crackles. Something snaps a stick. Brad looks towards the sound and sees the trees rustling. Brad shakes his head and returns his attention downward, then looks up sharply. Something growls.

-

Inside

Tom's tent,

Tom, who was reading Joseph Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces, hears Brad scream.

-

Inside - Gary's tent

Gary hears the Same and rolls over.

"Brad?" Tom sits up.

"Gary, what's goin' on?" Gary opens the tent and sticks his head out to look around. He sees nothing.

Growling.

He looked up. Something pulled Gary out of the tent. He screamed. Tom turned out the lantern he had on. Shadows moved very quickly around the outside of Tom's tent. Tom looked around, his eyes following the shadows and growling. Silence fell. Something slashed open Tom's tent.

Tom screamed.

𖤐

 ⠀