chapter 13

STORYBROOKE

STORYBROOKE

Instead of being at the town hall meeting to calm down the residents with a plan of getting back home, Charming was on his own mission to bring his family back from wherever the portal had taken them. The only person that knew about travelling between worlds was Jefferson and he had forced him to sit outside Granny's Diner - wanting some answers.

Jefferson wasn't in the mood to talk to royalty about travelling between worlds, he had enough on his plate already as he was trying to avoid his family but also wanted to get back to his family. He just hadn't decided what the best option was yet and being out in the open wasn't good for him.

"Can you get me through?" Charming asked, slamming the tattered hat on the table between them.

Jefferson looked bored as he answered plainly, "no."

"Can you get them back? Can you get it to work?"

Hearing the pleas from the prince, the hatter just chuckled because it was obvious that this man was delusional and not listened to what he had said. There was no way of getting them back, there was no magic and therefore, he couldn't do anything. If there was a chance of getting to the Enchanted Forest then he would have taken it and he would have taken his family with him.

Their life wasn't perfect there but at least there would be no curse and no Regina getting in the way of their happiness. They would be together and they would be happy, that's all he wanted.

"Oh, if you only knew..."

"Okay, you had a little girl's tea set in your car and a stuffed rabbit toy. So, I'm thinking you have a daughter you love." Charming frowned, ready to get into details about his problems and showing his observations of the man sat opposite him, "well, I do too and a wife. And they're out there somewhere in the Enchanted Forest or a void – I don't even know, but I'm going to get them back."

"They're in the Enchanted Forest, that's for sure. I just can't get there."

His jaw dropped, not knowing whether to believe him or not after all the lies and twisted stories that had been told of their home, "it still exists?"

"It exists." Jefferson nodded, still not overly pleased that there was attempts at blackmail in this conversation but he didn't shy away from anyone, "I don't know if that matters, since we can't go there."

"So, you won't help me?"

"I'm a portal jumper and you've destroyed my portal. So, you're out of luck."

Angry with the words, he reached across the table and grabbed Jefferson by the collar; threatening him as he was desperate to get his family back. "Well, I'm the closest thing left to a Sheriff here so I can just throw you in a cell until you figure out a way."

"Then all we'll do is both sit, stuck." He began to explain, his face scrunched in anger and his fists balled in frustration to the man that wasn't listening, "two lives in our heads, cursed worse than ever. Two lives forever at odds, double the pain, double the suffering-"