five

"She's so cute."

"She'd be a lot cuter if she slept."

Harry laughs quietly, eyelids drooping as he leans into Louis' side. Louis has Emily cradled in his arms. The sun has started to come up, warm orange light peeking through the window of Harry's bedroom.

"At least she isn't crying anymore," Harry points out, cheek pressing into Louis' shoulder. Louis hums in agreement, Emily blinking up at him.

Maybe it's how overtired he is, how little sleep they have gotten in the week since she's been born, but Harry feels like he's never been more in love with Louis than right now, as he holds their baby. He looks up at him, skin glowing in the light of the sunrise, and says, "I'm so happy I had a baby with you."

Louis grins, turning his head to press a kiss to the top of Harry's. Harry closes his eyes, and his chest feels warm. "There's no one else I'd rather be up at five in the morning with," Louis says. "Just you 'n our girl."

"I'd rather not be up at five at all, personally," Harry admits. Louis laughs quietly, nodding in agreement. "When did your mum say babies usually start sleeping more?"

"...three months," Louis sighs. Harry groans. "I don't get it. I love to sleep. It's my favourite thing-"

"Besides me."

"Besides you," Louis nods. "Why is she so against it?"

Harry grins, looking back up at Louis again. Most of the time he feels like their parents were right, all those times they told them they're way too young for this. But, when he looks at Louis, glowing in the orange sunlight, he can't help but feel like they're wrong.

"If you wanna go to sleep, you can," Harry says quietly, and when Louis looks down and kisses his forehead, he feels like his heart is glowing. "You're going to be really tired for your first day back at school."

"No way, if you're not sleeping, I'm not sleeping," Louis insists. "We're a team, remember?"

Harry beams, snuggling into Louis' side a little more and looking back down at Emily.

"'M so sleepy."

"I know, bug," Harry kisses the top of Katie's head, bundled up in a little puffer jacket and hat. She clings onto him, eyelids drooping. The sun has just risen, chilly Autumn air biting at his nose. He wonders if they even considered the parents when they made peewee football at 7:30 every Saturday.

Katie just sighs softly, eyes opening a little wider as she grins. "Daddy!"

Harry looks over to see Louis approaching them, and he internally groans. He's happy he's showing up for Emily, but this is also the first game he's been to this season, and he only decided to come when he's looking for her forgiveness.

Katie reaches out to him, and Louis takes her from Harry's hold, grinning as he fixes the knit hat on her head. "Hey, little lady," He greets. "Look at you, all bundled up."

"No mittens," Katie points out, wiggling her fingers in Louis' face. Louis grabs her hand and kisses it, and Katie giggles. Harry would never admit it, but he melts a little watching him be so soft with her. Finally, Louis looks over to Harry, giving him a small smile.

"Hey," He says.

"Hi," Harry forces a tight-lipped smile, stuffing his now empty hands in his coat pockets. They don't say anything else to each other, Harry looking out to the field at Emily.