seven

"Louis."

Louis doesn't answer. Harry can feel thick tears filling his eyes, a weep threatening to hiccup its way out. Louis' not scared of anything, but the fearful look this the little white stick in his hand that says "pregnant! :)" gives him leaves an ache in Harry's chest.

After a moment, Louis looks up, eyes shining as he swallows thickly. "Are you okay?" He asks. He's scared shitless and the first thing he thinks to do is ask if Harry's okay. The way he bursts into tears must answer the question. "Oh, H."

"I'm so sorry," Harry sniffles. Louis wraps him up in his arms, his cheek pressed against Harry's hair as he rests his head against Louis' chest. "I-I have no idea how it happened, I-"

"Woah, hey," Louis stops him, voice tender as he rubs Harry's back. "I don't know what made you think this is your fault, but it's not. We both knew what could happen."

Harry closes his eyes, tears dripping down his cheeks as Louis holds him. They're barely seventeen. When he opens his eyes, the stack of university brochures on Louis' desk catches his eye, and he starts to cry a little harder.

"It'll be okay," Louis murmurs.

"How do you know?" Harry asks miserably, lip wobbling as he wipes his cheeks with his shirtsleeve.

"Well," Louis sighs softly, tucking Harry's head under his chin. "Because I love you." Harry let's out a pitiful laugh, and Louis squeezes him. "And 'm gonna support you no matter what you decide to do."

"I dunno how you're being so calm," Harry admits, leaning back to look up at Louis. Louis gives him a small smile, holding his face in his hands and wiping his tears away.

"I'm pretty sure I'm having a panic attack right now," He admits, eyes sparkling. "But. We've gotten through hard stuff before."

"Like what?" Harry scoffs, sniffling. "Algebra exams? Driver's tests? Trying to get to Taco Bell before it closes?"

"Okay, yeah," Louis wrinkles his nose, shrugging. "But that was preparing us for the big stuff. Like..." Louis visibly swallows. "A baby. Our baby."

"Our baby," Harry repeats, sniffling. Louis looks into his eyes for a moment before leaning forward, hands still on Harry's cheeks as he kisses him.

"We'll be okay," He mumbles. "I'll make sure of it." And, he's never lied to Harry before. Never done anything to make him distrust him. So he just nods, letting Louis kiss him again.

It turns out Harry's mother isn't available the next night, as she has dinner plans with his sister. And, seeing as when she can't take the girls, he calls his sister, he is forced to call Louis and ask if his serotonin drop has passed.

Saturday nights are Louis' holy grail. Louis will go out any night of the week, but Saturdays are when the rest of society goes out as well, which means more people to convince to give him free drugs or start pub fights with. If he tells Harry he can't take the girls, because he's going out, or because he's still in a depressive state in his bed, Harry is totally fucked and will have to cancel on Luke again.

"Hello?"

"Hi," Harry greets, biting the curve of his thumb. "Um. I know this might be a bit of a long shot, but. Is there any chance you can take the girls tonight?"

"Oh. Um...yeah. Yeah, I can take them."

"Really?" Harry asks, letting out a sigh of relief. "That would be awesome." Louis' quiet for a beat too long, and Harry frowns. "If you're not feeling up to it, it's okay. You can tell me."