Chapter 28

Chapter 28

He ran with tears streaming his cold and pale cheeks. He stumbled and fel a lot, running through the big forest he once loved. His tears covered his sight and it was blurry.

The sun was almost down and Andrian kept running-- he kept looking. He was scared but most of all he was in a state of doubt.

Looking at every tree, he finally found what he'd been looking for-- a distinct tree with a devilish figure carved unto it's bark. It's what He'll advised him to do when he thought the time was right.

With palms wet by his sorrowful tears, he caressed the figure and did what he was told-- he called unto another God.

"Hell..." He spoke in a whisper, voice cracked.

Within a second, a hand appeared magically and pulled Andrian by the collar.

Andrian fumbled on what seems to be a hard rock. He looked down and confirmed it as he saw the sight-- could this be...the underworld?

The place certainly had the aura of what really seemed to be Hell. It was dark and devilish, yet he felt just fine. Right at the moment, Andrian thought he'd rather be at any place than Gulliver's-- he didn't even want to remember his face.

He wiped his tears away as he stood up to the sight of Hell sitting so magnificintly at his throne.

Hell stood up his throne and crows which sat on his shoulders flew and created a racket of noise.

"I thought you'd refuse my offer, so what's happening to Gulliver and you?" Hell bent his tall body to make Andrian hear him clearly.

Andrian rubbed his nose like a kid and said while looking down, "Nothing much. He's just too confusing sometimes."

"Hmm...what'd he say then?" Hell asked with a raised eyebrow. His hands were at his back and he had a smirk plastered on his face.

"He said he wants me to stay..." Andrian whispered but Hell heard clearly and laughed as he bent his body up.

His tall figure stood still laughing at what he said while Andrian just went silent mode.

"So it's a lovers' quarrel, eh? Why'd you come to me then?" Hell cackled.

Andrian fumed and exclaimed, "Look, you don't understand...!" Whereupon Hell replied with, "What do I don't understand, hmm?" He whispered.

Andrian raised his head to look at him and said, "I think he's just going to kill me like he did to every other human he ever had, so I'm not staying..." Hell replied "oh..." with an interested tone in his voice.

"So...why not stay?" He asked as he turned his back.

Andrian lost it  and exclaimed, "Are you crazy?! I just told you that he'd kill me."

"You said...you think he'd kill you." Hell replied, correcting him and still not looking at him.

"Well, that's right but what if he really does...kill me?" He whispered.

Hell faced him and whispered in a kind of angry tone, "But what if he doesn't? Face it Andrian, you ran away based on your assumptions about him."

Andrian paused as he realized this. If it was just an assumption then wouldn't he be hurting Gulliver's feelings?

"You wanna know, right? Then I guess I might as well help you in your lovers' quarrel." Hell said and Andrian just looked at him eagerly and silently.

At the moment, Andrian really thought that he must be awful for running away. So he was now ready to hear Hell's explanation.

"Gulliver isn't a God like me. You see, he was once a human and when he died, he was gifted with immortality and strength thus, he became a God-- but for all this to happen, his his consciousness was made to be divided in half. One is the human Gulliver-- while the other was The God of Greed Gulliver."

"So, what does that have to do with what I think Gulliver trying to kill me?" Andrian asked.

"Well, what I know is that Gulliver always wanted to feel love, but his other consciousness made him deprived of it...why? Simply because, whenever Gulliver finds a human he likes, his other self gets too greedy that he always ends up wanting more and more-- until there's nothing left." Hell continues.

The revelation left Andrian speechless.. So this...this was the answer to all the mysteries.

"Is this also the reason when Gulliver started killing humans ruthlessly?" Andrian asked.

"Yes." Hell replied shortly.

"Do you perhaps think I'm in the situation where I might get killed by Gulliver?" He asked in a blank tone.

"As far as I know, you're the first male human he chained in his house except for Javien. But I really don't know whether he likes females or males. Better ask him yourself." Hell chuckled.

"You know what? I actually think he doesn't really want me to stay. When I first came in his place, he accidentally imprisoned me but he did say he'll let me go-- he even promised me. If he really liked males, then he wouldn't be promising my escape, right? Maybe, he's not into guys..." He looked down as he said.

Hell laughed so much at what he said like there was a really funny joke. And he smirked as he said.

"So what if he doesn't like males? I know you do..." Hell said and Andrian blushed to the core. Right..how could he hide his sexuality to a literal god. Could've Gulliver found out already?

"Right now, it doesn't matter whether he likes you or not-- what matters is whether you're willing to make him like you or not." Hell winked as he said.

"You're great at this. You're quite the wise man." Andrian laughed as he replied to his advice.

"I might be a God known for death but I might as well be your guardian angel." He replied as he offered his hand to Andrian-- to leave and to come back.

***

To be continued~

Yo~ I'm impressed by Hell's advise
that I'm crying😭😭

Anyway, please vote, comment and
share this book to anyone you know.

Thank you and keep safe.

See you again in the next chapter, readers!