Soulmates (Remile Fluff)

In this world full of soulmates, you were allowed to ask one question everyday once you're 17. It was simple.

But there were rules, you aren't allowed to ask who your soulmate is in any way. Nothing horrible will happen but you'll lose your question for the day and won't be allowed to answer your soulmates question either. And if you show anybody your notebook.. it'll lose its power forever.

It was like magic, you'll write the question or answer down on a special notepad and it'll appear in your soulmates notes.

That's why once Emile had turned 17, the notebook appeared. He had the biggest smile, this was what he's been looking forward to for years. What should he even ask??

He decided to think about it for a while, he put the notebook in his backpack and got ready for the day, wearing what the photo above shows. Most kids hated going to school on their birthday but Emile didn't mind whatsoever.

He walked down the stairs, petting his golden retriever, walking into the kitchen, being greeted by his mom.

"Good morning sweetheart!! Happy birthday my dear Em! How did you sleep?" His mom asked, walking over with a plate of food. Two pieces of French toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Then, of course, some milk.

"Thank you so so much mama! I slept really well, I finally have the notebook, I don't know what to ask though. Do you have any ideas?"

"I'd love to suggest some my sunflower but this is something you need to think and figure out." She kissed Emiles head, letting him eat his food.

He nodded, happily eating his food. Once he finished, he cleaned his plate and hugged his mom goodbye.

He knew the school bus should be here soon so he grabbed his bag again, put his shoes on, and walked outside.

He sat down next to his best friend, Patton. They hugged each other and started talking about soulmates and the book since they both were now seventeen.

Fast-forward a bit and they were at school, Emile and Patton went their own ways, Patton going to talk to Roman whilst Emile walked to his locker.

His locker buddy, Remy, was already there. He smiled happily at the taller male. "Heyy! How's it going Rem?"

Remy looked down at him, shrugging. He was the cool kid, focused on his status and being cool. He wore sunglasses in school. Emile always saw everybody was cool in their own way but he really did look up to Remy, in many ways. (I know yall were gonna make a short joke, I'm always two steps ahead of you guys.)

"Sup." He leaned against the locker, giving a nod to some girl who waved to him, making her giggle and talk to her friend about how she hopes he's her soulmate.

"Oh not much! Today's my birthday so I plan on hanging with my friends after school. How are you?" He grabbed what he needed and closed his locker.

"Oh yknow, just- ay!! Jakey D!!" Remy got distracted and went over to his friend, Emile just giggled and started to walk to his class.

Thank goodness it was only art class. The teacher was super chill, letting them do what they want as long as they were making some kind of art.

Emile wasn't the best in art but he was passing since he always put so much love in his work. He was sketching a jynx but he got an idea for a question, quickly jolting it down in the notebook.

'Where do you go to school at?'

This way he knew how close his soulmate was at and it was better than where do you live because then the answer could be as vague or specific depending on how his soulmate will respond.

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○

It's been hours now and he still hadn't gotten a response. Maybe his soulmate is a busy person!! He always did love people who worked a lot, it shows a lot about them.

He stayed positive, hiding the notebook, going to hang out with his family. He never liked having a big birthday with presents and his family respected them.

They just ordered both a Hawaiian and cheese pizza with some breadsticks. They had a lineup of three movies to watch. Encanto, Luca, and of course the Steven universe movie. All of them made him cry of course, he's very emotional and a sucker for a happy ending.

He thanked his family and hugged them all before he headed up to his room. His book was open? He swore it wasn't before, there was no way anybody could have opened it.. did that mean?!

He shut his door and ran over to it, his smile grew. They went to the same exact school!!

He looked further down the page and laughed softly, it was the same question he asked. He couldn't blame the person, coming up with questions was harder than it seemed. He wrote down the school and closed the book, putting it in a safe area before heading to bed.

□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□

A week had now passed, he knew so much more about his soulmate now.

It was now a Thursday and he had a very important question for his soulmate to find out who he is.

'What is your favorite type of flower?'

It used to take hours for a response but it was clear his soulmate wanted to know who Emile was even more. He read the response.

'It's called a daylily' then a question soon after

'Why did you ask that?'

Emile wasn't sure how specific he could be but gave a cute response.

'Just look for a daylily on Friday. <3'

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

It was now Friday, the day previous after school, Emile had bought a very precious flower, a daylily. He cut part of the stem off and put it in his hair, using a hairclip to make sure it stayed in his hair.

On the bus, Patton looked confused. "Okay, you look so pretty right now but why do you have a flower in your hair?"

Emile was desperately waiting for somebody to ask this. He looked so excited. "I asked my soulmate what flower they liked and they said daylilies! They asked why and I practically said to look around for the flower. Pattycake, I'm gonna finally find out who my soulmate is!" He whisper squealed.

"Oh. My. Goodness!! That is the most brilliant and cutest idea I have ever heard of!! You're so smart Em! You'll tell me who it is, right??"

Emile nodded. "Of course I will. You're my best friend. Unless anybody else sees what happens, you'll be the first to know!!"

The bus got to the school and everybody walked off of it. Emile wasn't even ten steps into the school when he felt somebody grab his wrist. It was clear the person wasn't trying to hurt him, they were being super gentle.

He looked up and noticed it was Remy. "Rem? What's going on-?"

"A daylily- why did you wear that today Emile??" It was obvious but Remy needed to make sure.

"I- well uhm.. I'm doing this for a special somebody. I don't know who but I'm gonna find out!" Of course it didn't click immediately, he just thinks everybody is friendly and curious.

"Those are my favorite flowers. My soulmate yesterday told me they'd have one today.."

Once it clicked in Emiles mind, he turned a bright pink. His jaw dropped slightly, looking up at Remy with the cutest shocked look.

Remy wasn't one to hold back or think before doing anything. He leaned down, his and Emiles faces barely an inch away from the others. "Can I?"

Emiles blush worsened. "Please..-" This was highschool, people watched and recorded as Remy and Emile shared a kiss. It was Emiles first and it felt like fireworks were exploding around him, this was so amaizng, how could Remy be so handsome AND be a great kisser??

"Woah.." Emile said softly, taking Remys hand. "So.. soulmate, huh?" He smiled gently as Remy intertwined their fingers.

"Soulmates."