ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠᵒᵘʳ

''JASON?''

Noelani's head was as groggy as her throat was croaky. It felt like a fog was clearing, but the bright light that seared from beyond her eyelids didn't help much with the pain. Wincing, a hand went to her temples, a finger and thumb spreading far apart so she could gently massage them, stomach sucking itself in and toes clenching as her breath shuddered.

What was it she just said?

Jason.

Shit, where was he?

She knocked over two light posts in her endeavour, but she eventually found her footing and just like that, she was off. One foot in front of the other. She held the record for speed in her camp, and at her High School, but she had never moved this fast before. Her arms were pumping and she leaned forwards, so desperate to get there sooner, she nearly tumbled over.

A few campers glanced at her, but no one bothered to stop - if they had even made out that the blur was her, that is.

The Big House. Surely, that's where he had to be; debriefing Chiron. Unless, how long had she been out? She panicked slightly, was he already on another mission? He wouldn't leave her again, would he?

She needed to turn around. Once again, she nearly fell, spinning so sharply that her legs continued in one direction whilst her body fell in the other, until they caught up, fingertips brushing against the muddy floor as she regained her speed, straightening up to regain the proper technique.

She reached the Cabins, not so much as sparing a glance in any of them, not even hers. Her target entered her field of vision and despite the doors being huge, practically the size of a temple, she pushed them open.

Wind swept throughout the cold room, that was what got his attention first. And then the bang as the doors hit the walls. He turned around, slightly annoyed. Zeus's little house was already freezing enough as it was, what could possibly be so important that a camper felt the need to- oh.

'''Lani?'' Her narrowed, searching eyes, snapped to his figure, drinking him in as her chest heaved, aching from the lack of air. She didn't move and he bit his lip, thinking, cautiously taking a step forwards. ''Do you remember me? I mean, like, little me-''

Turns out, he had no reason to fear.

And whilst his back hurt from being slammed onto the floor, and now it was his turn for his chest to heave, he didn't complain. Noelani laid on top of him, arms wrapped around his neck and head tucking itself under his chin. She was shaking. It took him a second to realise he was too.

''Jason,'' she breathed, a weight leaving her shoulders at finally being able to say his name to his face. ''Oh, Jason, I missed you so much.''

He stared at the ceiling, eyes glassy and the marble patterns were blurry. He blinked and they began to fall, but Noelani had seen him snotty-nosed and crying for his mum, whilst he had seen her hug her teddy and admit how much she wanted hers too - he didn't have to worry about obscuring her image of him.

A sob left. She went to sit up, wanting to cheer him up, but his hands only tightened around her waist, bringing her impossibly closer as his nose nestled into her hair, taking in her scent as if it was the last time he'd ever be able to - and with their luck, who knew if it would be or not.

''You made it to Camp,'' she said and he could feel her teeth graze his collar bone as she grinned.

He nodded. ''Yeah,'' he croaked.

She sobbed too, waiting for his arms to slacken before she leaned upwards slightly, hands finding his cheeks, she didn't bother wiping his tears since they were still falling. ''I'm so sorry. I can't believe I didn't recognise you-''

He shushed her, shaking his head. ''It-It's okay, we were only kids.''

Noelani gulped, trembling fingers running along his cheeks. ''It was, it was Thalia - when she died, I was the last one to go under her new shield, it must've cleared my memories in order to protect the Camp. I didn't forget you, I swear.''

He nodded, hand moving to the back of her head to press her against him again. ''Okay... I admit, that makes me feel a little better.''

She laughed slightly, and he could feel her shake as she did so. He grinned, well aware that he probably looked like a total dork. ''What happened? That night, you didn't show.''

He ran his hand up her back, tracing shapes. ''I got lost, I heard howling, and you weren't at the meeting spot, so I circled back to hide, wait them out. When I returned, sticks were everywhere, I figured it got you.'' He tensed slightly and a wave of guilt took over her. ''I couldn't even find your body to burry, I felt so guilty leaving. I waited a while two days, just in case... What about you?''

''I found Thalia, Luke and Annabeth, they took me into their little group. I convinced them to come look for you, we ran into the Hellhound, I killed it. You must've still been hiding though, because you didn't appear. They had to drag me away. We met this satyr, his name's Grover. I think you'd like him. He mentioned a Camp and I followed him, figuring you'd find your way there, because I didn't believe them when they told me it probably killed you.''

''I hate to break it to you, but I think you went to the wrong Camp.''

Noelani laughed again. ''You think so, huh?''

''Definitely.'' They basked in silence for a minute and the tears stopped flowing eventually, letting them relax and get comfortable on the floor, Jason wasn't cold anymore. ''Hey, we should get you back to the infirmary.''

''I feel fine, though.''

''I don't think losing your memory via mystical powers twice in one lifetime, is very good for you, 'Lani.''

''You a doctor now?''

''I'm just worried, won't there be long term affects?''

Noelani didn't move to get up, in fact, she clung even tighter onto him. ''I don't really care about that right now.''

A cold gust of wind entered the room, whistling. There was a loud bang. ''Jason! Noelani's gone!- What.''

Noelani lifted her head to grin at Will, lazily waving an arm in greeting. Jason lifted his head off the floor, straining to see the doorway. ''I've found her.''

He huffed, hands on his hips. ''Okay, get off each other, right now.'' He began marching towards them. He crouched to lift Noelani off by force, seeing as whilst Jason raised his hands into the air in pure fear, Noelani didn't budge.

''I dare you to.'' Will rolled his eyes, moving to scoop her off. ''You dare touch me, and I will never forget this moment. Especially when you finally make a move on Ni-''

''Okay! You win!'' He shrugged. ''Just, come back when you feel like it I guess?''

Jason sat up, forcing her to move in order to not break her back, he seized his opportunity, moving so he had picked her up. ''Which way is to the infirmary again, Will? This Camp is so disorganised, everything seems randomly placed.''

The son of Apollo grinned, nodding as he clapped a hand on Jason's upper arm in thanks, hurrying to open the door again, this time more gently, which Jason was thankful for. He didn't know how much more his poor doors could take. Will held it open for him, silently leading him to Camp.

''How long was I out for?''

''A week,'' Will said, sending a concerned look over his shoulder. ''Everyone's been dying to see you. I caught the twins trying to prop you up and play cards with you asleep.''

''Bet they still didn't win,'' Noelani grinned.

Pretty short, but I wanted to get them
reuniting out of the way
'cause I'm awkward at this type of stuff 
💀