Family Ties

Y/n POV

I was at Elena's house watching the news on how the sheriff caught 'the mountain lion' while I was in the kitchen just sitting on the counter while Jenna makes comments on the news anchor that was her ex boyfriend. "Scum ball. Scum bucket." Jenna whispered. Elena walked in the kitchen giving Jenna a confused look. "Who are you talking to?" Elena asked her. "Him." Jenna said while pointing at the tv. "The news guy?" Elena asked her. "Also known as Logan 'scum' fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from mystic falls?" Jenna asked. "Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." Elena said making me growl lowly thankfully they didn't hear me. "He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him." Jenna said as she shut off the tv. "He seems a bit arrogant to me." I said to Jenna. "That's because he is." Jenna said. "And this is why I like girls, most guys only think of themselves and not the person they are in a relationship with." I said while crossing my arms.

I see Elena staring at me in the corner of my eye and when I looked at her she immediately looked away while blushing. Jenna saw this and smirked at me, I forgot she also knows my crush on her niece. Elena took out something from a box which I'm guessing belongs to her parents. "What are you doing with that?" Jenna asked Elena. "I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display." Elena said as I sat down by Jenna. "Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna said when she saw the ring. "Originally, it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena said. Jeremy came in and gave me a fist bump and looked at the jewelry that Elena got. "How much do you think this stuff is worth you know, like, on eBay?" Jeremy said. Elena immediately took the ring away from him. "You're not gonna find out." Elena said.

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away." Jeremy said while heading into the kitchen. "I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena said. Then we hear the doorbell ring. Elena went to the door to see who it was and I knew who it was already and it was Stefan. "Hi." Stefan said. I then hear Elena drag Stefan into the house not so stealthy well to me anyway and hear them kissing. I decided to leave Elena's house and go into the woods into my wolf form. Once I was in my wolf form I ran and ran until I got tired but still in my wolf form. When I was done being in my wolf form I ran behind my house I changed back and put on some shorts and tank top and went into the house. My mom and I are invited to the founder's council party by mayor Lockwood.

I was gonna go to the basement and work out but I decided to head to the grill to get something to eat since my mom went out shopping for her dress and my suit. I walked into the grill and got myself a table while I ordered myself some food. When I got my food I overhear the Lockwoods talking so I decided to listen in on them. "One big forfeit? They looking for a new coach?" Major Lockwood asked Tyler. "I don't know, dad. I doubt anybody's thinking about that right now." Tyler said meanwhile I'm horking down my cheeseburger and watching the lockwoods. "Charles, founder's party, focus." Carol Lockwood said to her husband. I then see Vicki coming towards them waiting their table. "How are we all doing over here?" Vicki said. "Yeah, we're doing great, sweetheart." Mayor Lockwood said. Meanwhile my dumbass best friend is looking away from her like she doesn't exist. I could smell the sadness rolling off of Vicki and I feel bad for the poor girl. "Anything else i can get you?" Vicki asked him while refilling his cup. "No, we're fine, thanks." Tyler said very fast. "Just the check, honey." Mayor Lockwood said nicely. Vicki got out the check and gave it to him. "Here you go, mayor Lockwood." She said. "Thanks." He said taking the check. I could smell the hatred rolling off of Mrs. Lockwood to Vicki. Vicki then left there table in a hurry by the tension at the table.

I then see both Bonnie and Caroline walk in and went to my table as I was still eating my cheeseburger. "You're taking Damon to the founder's party? What about me?" Bonnie said as I walked to them. "Go with Elena." Caroline said as she sat down next to me. "She's asking Stefan." Bonnie said. "Okay, go by yourself." Caroline said. "Gee, thanks." Bonnie said sarcastically. I then decided to bud in. "I could take you Bonnie." I said to her. "Thanks, y/n." Bonnie said while smiling at me. Bonnie looked back at Caroline who took some of my fries while I just looked at her thinking 'did this bitch just took my fries?'. "What about your mom? Is she okay with bringing Damon?" Bonnie asked her. "And I'm supposed to care why?" Caroline asked. "He's older, sexy, danger guy." Bonnie answered. Bonnie's not wrong about him being older, way older than Caroline. "Older, sexy, danger guy? What is that an official witch twitter tweet?" Caroline mocks her. "No more witch jokes, ok?" I said as Bonnie gave me a thank you look as she turns back to Bonnie. "That whole Mr. Tanner prediction thing has me freaked." Bonnie said. "Okay. And Damon's not dangerous. You know, he just has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-rooted drama." Caroline said. "Like?" Bonnie asked with a concerned expression.