What happened to Wattpad's Readers?

I've been part of Wattpad's orange world for about what? Two years now? Actually, I realized it's about a year and some months now, but I would still consider it as two years.

The sad part is there's nothing you can do about my bad calculations so let's just get to the main topic for this chapter.

What happened to Wattpad's readers? I've been asking myself this question for a couple of months now and I finally decided to let it be the first subject I rant on in this book.

I'm sure you've asked yourself this question as well.

What? You mean to say that this has never crossed your mind before?

Like seriously? I mean you can't tell me you've never thought of this topic too.

Alright, that's fine. I guess I'm the only one pirating this ship of ours then.

So, here's the thing...

Are you ready to hear it?

You sure?

Alright, let me drop it like the bomb it is.

Here's the thing. So, our very own Wattpad currently boasts of 90M readers and writers on its app/community. There's nothing wrong with that. It only shows how much popularity the app is gaining in comparison to the others I've refused to mention (you know them so don't act like you don't).

Now this brings us to the main issue I want to draw your attentions to.

Anna Todd's biggest book "After" which was adapted into a movie currently has 696M reads on the page of her account. Similarly, Filipino writer and reader maxinejiji equally also has 348M reads on the first book of her series "He's into her."

Fun fact: When I first downloaded and watched the teen Filipino drama on the Telegram app, I had no idea the that the original story was from Wattpad. Yep, you can imagine my shock when I found myself staring at the book on the author's page.

Now let's get back to the rant after that short commercial break...

My main question here is, if the book After has a record of that much reads, then what happened to the remaining 606M (696M - 90M) that visited her page and read her work?

I mean, if Wattpad boasts of 90M readers and writers on its app and the work of a single author has a total read of 696M on their work, does that mean that the remaining 606M readers deleted their account after filling in their curiosity about the books characters and plot?

It just doesn't make sense, at least to me?

And I know I've tried my best to come up with answer to solve this mystery.

Once again: What happened to Wattpad's readers?