XI, all falls down

ELEVEN, all falls down

italics — rues narration

————

in dire need of drugs other than weed, i confided in laurie for another suitcase. i made up some sob story, fronted her 2k which she gladly accepted and agreed to front me another suitcase only if i was able to pay her double the money back. stupidly, i agreed. but it didn't feel so stupid once i got back to elliot's and opened the suitcase.

it was filled with any drug you could possibly think of. pills, needles, fentanyl. you name it, it was in there. i was like a kid in a candy store, but elliot felt like he was in hell.

"i can't believe you went back to her. she's gonna kill your dumbass." elliot said, watching rue and she continued to pull bags out of the suitcase. rue shrugged, "can't kill me if i kill myself first, right?" she joked. elliot raised a brow, "don't fuckin' od in here. i'll resuscitate you and then kill you myself." he threatened.

rue rolled her eyes, lifting a bag of needles and bottles. she furrowed her brows, "how do people even use this shit?" she asked. curiously, she pulled out a needle and a bottle, and a cut rubber band that was in the bag. "it's probably heroin." elliot informed her, more so a warning.

but rue continued to tie her arm up and stick the needle into the bottle. elliot furrowed his brows, "rue.." he watched as she found a vein, flicked the needle a couple times and then injected herself without hesitation. elliot winced and closed his eyes, "yo, what the fuck!"

rue smiled at the immediate feeling of relief, all the pain she felt in her body was gone. elliot was tempted after seeing how rue reacted, but fought everything he was feeling. "that's good. that's the good stuff," she muttered, leaning back against his closet door as the drugs started to hit. rue had never felt anything like that before, she wondered why she didn't try it sooner.

she wondered why other people didn't do this either.

elliot stared down at the suitcase full of drugs, knowing rue wasn't gonna put it away. it was a challenge, but elliot got off his bed and began to place all of the baggies back into the suitcase. in the process, he felt like crying. the urge to relapse was strong but he kept liana in the back of his mind until he finally zipped up the suitcase and wheeled it into his closet.

he looked down at rue, who was so high out of her mind that she never took the rubber band off. elliot sighed as he bent down and untied it so her arm didn't stop circulating blood and tossed the rubber band to the side. he lifted her off of the floor, rue groaning at his force.