XIII, strings that tie to you

THIRTEEN, strings that tie to you

————

liana giggled as elliot held a camera up to her face, her hand covering the lens so all elliot shot was a blurred photo of her fingers. he scoffed as he looked back at the photo but his annoyed face quickly turned into a smile, seeing that he caught lianas face in the corner of the photo with the brightest smile.

"baby you look pretty in this, look." elliot plopped down on the bed next to her, turning his camera to her for her to see the photo. she cringed, she never liked seeing herself on film. "ew elliot, delete that." she struggled to find the button on his camera to delete the photo. elliot pulled it away from her quickly. "stop, i wanna keep it."

"please don't." she groaned, covering her face with her hands. elliot rolled his eyes and turned his camera around so the lens was facing them. "cmere," he said. liana scooted closer on the bed, looking over at him with the loveliest expression.

elliot didn't know how he got so lucky, liana didn't either. "kiss me." he said. his finger was already on the capture button, and clicked quickly when liana placed her lips on his. elliot smiled into the kiss, staring into her eyes once they pulled away.

"you don't know how happy i am with you. i could die right here, i'm so happy." he whispered, making liana laugh and wrap her arms around him out of pure love.

"you're always gonna be my first love. i don't care who i've dated or who i'll be with after you, it will always be you." she assured, holding his face in her hands as elliot practically looked at her with heart eyes. he couldn't even describe how he was feeling, he was so happy.

he smiled at her, "you mean that?" he asked. she nodded in response, making elliot chuckle. "i don't know what it is about you liana, but i'm so hooked on you." he admitted. lianas cheeks turned red, making elliot laugh again as he rolled off of his bed to put his camera on his desk.

"you like elliot?" ziayla asked. liana looked up from her phone with a confused expression. the two had been sitting on ziaylas balcony for about an hour, talking about whatever came to mine. and what came to ziaylas mind, was elliot and liana.

she knew for a while that liana liked elliot. it was obvious in the way she talked to him and about him, the things she did to get his attention and how she reacted over small things he did. she was head over heels for him and everyone could tell but elliot.

liana shrugged, "i think so." she said. "you gonna tell him?" ziayla asked, lifting her blunt back up to her lips to take a hit before passing it to liana. she accepted it gratefully and shrugged again, "maybe one day." she said.

"one day? girl, no offense but that man changes everyday. you should do it now." ziayla suggested. liana laughed, "yeah, i know. but we're really good right now, friendship wise. i don't wanna mess that up because of some dumb feelings." she muttered. ziayla looked at her with an expression she couldn't really decipher.

"liana, that boy is in love with you. i ain't ever seen him act this way about a girl before. he does not shut up about you. if you're worried about messing up a friendship, you need to reevaluate your relationship to elliot. because he does not consider you a friend, i'm pretty sure he thinks y'all are married."

"i wrote a song for you." elliot said, spinning around in his desk chair to look at liana. she rolled her eyes in disbelief, "no you fucking didn't." she said. elliot raised a brow, feeling challenged to prove himself. "oh really?" he turned back to his computer, clicking away until he found the file titled '10x stronger'

the song consisted of melodies and harmonizing, and occasionally a line that elliot sang on. liana frowned, "elliot, you didn't have to do that." she said. she never knew how to react when elliot did stuff like this for her, because it was rare.

nobody has ever written a song about her, let alone think about her enough to write a song about her. but instead of rolling his eyes or deleting the track, he faced her with a smile. "you deserve this, and a lot more. i just want you to feel as special as you are." he copied the exact sentence she said to him when they first kissed, although he messed up some words and liana didn't even remember she said them to him.

regardless, she broke out into a smile. "you know, you should make that into a career." she said. "what?" he asked. "your music! it's amazing elliot, you should release some of it on soundcloud or youtube, then i can be a rockstars girlfriend." she joked. elliot rolled his eyes, "you're already a rockstars girlfriend."

rue coughed, pulling elliot out of his deep train of thought. he hadn't spoken to liana in a few days, in which he apologized but liana barely said much so he stopped texting her. they weren't broken up, but elliot couldn't really tell what was going on. liana couldn't either.

elliot watched as rue began to inject herself with heroin. she had been doing this since she got the new suitcase, and elliot was so numb that he was desperate to feel something. anything. her furrowed his brows, "that cannot feel good." he muttered. rue looked up, "the needle part doesn't but let me tell you, this high is fucking amazing." she said.

rue could sense his curiosity and smirked, "you wanna try it?" she asked. elliot was hesitant, watching her finish the needle and throw it to the side of her and tear off the rubber band. he looked down at his arm, his veins already clearly present.

he shrugged his shoulders, getting down on the floor next to rue. "fuck it, just go for it."

————

unfortunately i have to finish this book tonight or early tmr because i start working a new job on sunday so i won't be able to update that often anymore and i'd rather not leave you guys hanging so just be on the lookout for new chapters !!