Transformation

Idk what to do for this starting note, so enjoy!!

-----

Lizzie was somewhat nervous of what her husband would say. She knew that Joel loved her alot, and vise versa, but she was worrisome of his answer. She could see the confusion in her partners face above the rippled water. It was a odd question, but a genuine one.

"Would you still love me if I was a fish?"

"Um.. I guess. Why?"

Then Lizzie decided to take a leap of faith. She quickly came out of the water and onto land quickly, showing Joel her new look. He widened his eyes in surprise, tilting his head up to look at her. "Wait. You're the Blue Axolotl?"

"Joel! This is serious!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms. "Right. Sorry. Um- how did this happen?" Lizzie tried to avoid eye contact with her husband, almost embarrassed of her new appearance. "I'm not sure," She admitted. "I just ate the Ocean Orb, and then-" Lizzie finally connected all the dots. She let out a gasp before bringing her hand up to her mouth.

"What?"

"Agh, I'm such a fool! I should've never done that trade,"

"What trade? Lizzie?"

"Joel, I know I have a lot of explaining to do, but I need to get back to my Empire." Said Lizzie, hesitating before jumping into the water and swimming off, and yelling a quick 'I love you, bye!'

"Wait- Lizzie!" The emperor tried to call, but realized it was too late. "What just happened?" He asked himself moments later, blinking as he took a minute to take it all in.

Lizzie surprised herself when she didn't need to take any breaths of air swimming back to the Ocean Empire, wondering how she didn't notice it before. She chose to ignore it— just one of the things she would have to get used to.

She paced around her castle, "Okay, seriously. What is going on? How did the Ocean Orb turn me into a fish? This has to be connected to the whole seabling thing.."

Before she could talk any longer to herself, she heard a voice traveling up her stairs. "Hello, Lizzie?" The voice asked. It was Katherine- who got to the palace at the worst time ever.

Lizzie gasped quietly, "I can't let anyone see me like this! What will they think? I-" She looked around the palace desperate, trying to find somewhere to hide. Her eyes landed on the door that led her up to the axolotl sanctuary, and she grinned. "Perfect!" She ran up to it, getting in it as she heard her allies voice once more, except quieter.

"Hey, I was wondering if you want to- oh. I guess she's not here?" Katherine looked around, a confused tone in her voice. "I'll come back later then," She shrugged, deciding to use her elytra to fly away this time(not before almost slipping on the wet floor, though).

Lizzie was now in the roof of the building, surrounded by the amphibians who ooed and awed at her new appearance, and who Lizzie was able to understand perfectly.

"My queen! You look like one of us!"
"When did you get this new appearance?"
"You look beautiful!"
"Is it the prophecy?"
"How did this happen?"

Lizzie tried to calm them down, "Thank you all for your compliments." She succeeded. They all hushed to hear what 'great speech' she would tell. "I'm not sure how it happened, but it certainly is- different."

"Queen Lizzie, you look sad?" One of them squeaked. The empress smiled sweetly, "I'm fine. Just a little taken back by, well, this." She gestured to herself, her small giggle being followed by a bunch of axolotl giggles.

"It was lovely seeing you all, but I think I should get going." She remarked. The axolotls understood, all of them exclaiming synonyms of goodbye, waving with their small fins. (Do axolotls even have fins like that? Please let me know)