CHAPTER FOUR - (sample)

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
Soleil
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛᴀᴜʀᴀɴᴛ. Quick on my strides to reach the back room. I opened my locker as I waved at Sylvia, our manager. I was only a few minutes late so I rushed myself with the uniform. I didn't realize I had such a big head until moments like this. Me struggling to get my head through the shirt. After struggling for what seemed like a while, I slipped myself into the black dress pants, and the white dress shirt was hard enough to deal with — it was the skates. Instead of shoes, we wore skates. It was like Sonic, but worse.

I frowned, tying the lace of my skates. This was a decent restaurant, so having to wear skates was beyond my understanding. I tied the skates, glancing around the empty locker room, until my eyes rounded on the person I was looking for, the second she walked in — I grinned. "I thought you asked for today off." I laughed, because I know asking for a day off without at least a week's notice is like asking for snow in Florida.

Mara rolled her eyes, "Sylvia wasn't in a good mood."

"Is she ever?" I frowned, "I swear I don't think I've ever seen her laugh." I shook my head in disbelief.

Sylvia is hardcore — like a math teacher, she makes almost everything complicated, and when we do find a loophole to uncomplicate things, it rubs her off in the wrong way. We've decided that her bad moods are just her moods. There's a reason why she doesn't take orders or deal with customers at all for that matter.

"No one has," Mara replied, "wait, her husband, maybe her husband."

My eyes widened, the evident shock ripping through me, "she's married? Sylvia is married? She has a husband?" I repeated the words, but they were hollowed.

Mara's eyes rounded on me with disappointment, "she wears a wedding ring."

I frowned, "So?" I grabbed my apron, wrapping it around my waist, "a lot of people wear those nowadays, and it's often promise rings."

Mara only shook her head at me as she opened her locker, more disappointment.
Mara's about the only co-worker I can get along with, she's an easy person who doesn't outshine my personality and with her something clicked almost immediately with her, there was never any need to force our conversation or anything. She's short, full of life and has really great tits. I accidentally saw them. (Twice)

Before I could say anything else, the bell attached to the door rang alerting us we have customers. The restaurant was pretty dry when I walked in and that's only because we're a few minutes after lunch and hours after breakfast. Half of the morning crew is gone, the ones left are the ones who work the kitchen — unless I want Sylvia to scare our customers away with her moods it's my cure to go out there.

A group of men sat at one of our four chair tables, their briefcases each by their feet. I skated my way to the table greeting them with a large smile on my face. Smiling and looking pretty gets me a satisfying tip — satisfying tips pays for my pizza.

"Welcome to Bavaria-"

My voice fell flat, almost to a whisper when my eyes met his. I blinked a few times before turning my attention elsewhere, but I could still feel his cool gaze on me. Reiner was here, but he wasn't alone, he's surrounded by three more men and there was this awkwardness between us that I couldn't get rid of and it feels like the whole table caught on because everyone was just quiet.

I tried not to meet his eyes again, waiting patiently for them to order whatever they mind find in our four page menu. I glanced over my shoulder watching Mara welcome the new people inside a booth, when her eyes met mine as she scanned the people on the table behind me — Mara did a face, grinning a little.