002

After leaving the parking lot, I realize that there isn't really anywhere to go. "Where do you want to go?", thankfully she asked first.

Im so fucking awkward

"We could go anywhere, really. What's your favorite type of food?" She apparently decided to think about this for a while.

her thinking face is cute

anyways

"Probably pasta." she says confidently.

"Perfect. I have the best italian place-"

"No." she crosses her arms. I am so confused. "But you just said you liked-"

"I want homemade pasta" She frowns.

I sigh, "Okay I have some pasta and sauce at my house that we can go make. How does that sound?"

She beams up at me, "Perfect! Thank you thank you thank you!" I chuckled, "Alright let's go. Plus my parents aren't home right now."

She looked at me weirdly. "What's that supposed to mean?"

My face turned red. "I just meant if you weren't gonna be comfortable meeting them yet-"

She looked relieved? "Oh okay."

oh my gosh she's gonna be in my house

fucking hell why am i fangirling?

We drove the rest of the way in what I thought was an awkward silence, but she seemed calm.

I parked my car and jogged over to the other side to open her door.

"Why thank you" She giggles.

gosh that fucking giggle is gonna be the end of me

-

After we walk in, we walk into the kitchen and after deciding I was going to do all the cooking, I picked her up by under her arms and put her on top of the counter.

I started making the pasta when I heard a "hmph"

I turned around, and sure enough, she had her arms crossed with a frown on her face.

I narrowed my eyes and turned back around. She does it again. I sigh and turn back around again.

"What is it now Harris" She frowns. "Why'd you call me by my last name?"

"You want me to be honest?" She nods. "I don't know your first name" I cringe hoping she wasn't going to yell at me. She looks confused, but then "Oh I forgot. Technically we're still strangers wanting to get to know each other."

stupid strangers

"Oh right. Well, do you know my name?" She thinks about it for a second. She shakes her head no.

"It's Matthew, but you can call my Matt. Everyone else does anyways."

She looks at me weirdly. "Hm no. I'm not gonna call you Matt. You don't look like a Matt."

"uh alright, well what's your name?"

She looks down. "It's a stupid name"

her name can't be stupid no matter what it is.

"I bet it isn't."

She sighs "It's Pheobe"

She looks back at me with an unsure expression on her face.

"That name is so adorable"

I seriously love her name though

I can already imagine the nicknames imma give her

"really?" she asks again. I don't think she believes me.

"Yes. Is it alright if I give you a nickname?"

She looks so happy oh my gosh

"Yes! I love nicknames"

she's so fucking adorable

"Okay. Lemme think about it and you'll have one soon." I wink at her and she giggles.

"Is the food almost ready?"

I look back at the food

Fuck it's almost burnt

"Yep it might be a little burnt though, sorry about that" I say awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"It's okay. It's my fault too that we were talking so long."

"Why don't you go and sit at the table so I can bring out our plates?"

She smiles "Yep!"

She's gonna be the end of me.