Chapter Twenty: Sports Festival (5)

Kaminari, glowing triumphantly in his seat with a wide grin, watched the fight between Ojiro and Uraraka come to a close. Uraraka had done her best, but Ojiro's expertise in hand-to-hand combat coupled with his agility was just too much, and Kaminari couldn't blame her for the loss that was just around the corner.

As much as he felt for her, he couldn't suppress his own grin at his victory. He didn't think he'd make it past the cavalry battle, in all honesty, but now that he was here he was practically sparking in his seat with excitement, pride in himself filling his chest, both light and dense. Izuku promised pats when he saw them next, and now all there was left to do was keep the streak going - a challenge in itself really. Ashido had beaten Aoyama pretty soundly, Tokoyami won in his and Yaomomo's match, Kirishima emerged victorious against Tetsutetsu, and Ojiro was giving Uraraka one last jab to the kidney, knocking the wind out of her and making her go down.

Kirishima, Ojiro, Tokoyami, Bakugo, Ashido, and Todoroki. The only match left was Iida and Hatsume Mei, and both of them would be equally as tough to fight. Any one of them could be his opponent next round, and the thought of fighting most of them made him sweat. He hoped he'd get anyone but Todoroki or Bakugo. The second he was against one of them, he knew it'd be over, and he wanted to go as far as he possibly could.

Everyone knew one of those two would win. Bakugo may have gotten second both times, but it had been close calls. No one knew what would happen if they were to properly fight, and fight to win.

Iida stood with a determined look and made his way down to the arena, Hatsume standing a few groups away and following his lead. The grin on her face made Kaminari wince - she was crazy but she was smart. Iida wouldn't have an easy time of it for sure.

Mei was positively thrilled.

The Sports Festival wasn't for the support course or the Gen Ed students, it was geared towards the Hero course and not much else. That didn't mean she couldn't use it to her advantage though. At least a little.

She walked to the arena with sure strides, a winning smile on her lips as the cameras all focused on her and her opponent. She hated to shirk Iida on an actual fight, but it was too golden of an occasion to pass up.

Midnight announced the match, and she began, a mic sprouting from a hidden compartment in her glasses.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" she announced, her voice a sharp knife cutting through the stands and rebounding in the empty air. Her heart swelled with anticipation and excitement, body pumped full of adrenaline as the camera focused on her and her alone.

Mei's smile widened into a grin. Showtime.

Katsuki had been content with live-blogging Deku the fights. He told Deku what had happened between Tail and Round Face, and immediately he had given Tail cheerful emojis and Round Face consoling ones.

Deku seemed tired. Aizawa wouldn't fucking answer his questions, no matter how hard he pressed, and he wasn't sure if asking Deku directly what the problem was would be the best call, so all he could do was provide a good enough distraction. It was a trend Katsuki was noticing lately, being forced to sit on his hands and wait, and it didn't sit well with him. He figured he'd talk to his therapist the next appointment to see if she had any suggestions on what to do. She didn't need to know about Izuku - he could say it was a random nobody.

As happy as he was to provide a distraction, it was also a bit difficult to live blog when he couldn't figure out what the hell was even happening. Pink Hair was ducking and weaving around Glasses, every attempt to strike her was cleverly avoided, and she began to show off her equipment like it was a fucking advertisement.