The walk.

Today I decided to go out, for real. Im going to take a walk in the park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alma dressed up and put some light make up, it was a cold day so she put a cozy jacket on. Her hair was in a clip. Grabbed a bag and head out the door.

The air as she went out the building door hit her with a cold rush. She liked that feeling. She thought about going back for a scarf but kept walking.

As she walked she put on her headphones and listened to some music.

With no clear destination she just walked in a straight line and was near a park. It was 4 pm.

She decided to lay on the grass and looked up the trees. Loved the way the leaves moved, so slowly and peaceful. She wished she was a little bug in a leaf and just move with the rest of the tree as the air passed by.

Innerbloom by RÜFUS DU SOL was playing.

She closed her eyes for a little bit and from afar she listened the noise of some wheels getting close. She stayed with her eyes closed until heard someone talking to hear.

Hey!...

As she opened her eyes and took her headphones out she realized who was talking to her.

Hi- confused-

There she was, The girl, Alma didn't know if she was hallucinating or fell asleep or if it was really her, she was stoked by her.

Hey that song is amazing!

Wh...What?

Alma soon realized that she never connected her headphones, and the music was just playing in her phone. Immediately her face started to turn red.

Oh shit -laughed- I never connected it to my phone

Girl smiled-

Yeah it's a great song!, I haven't really listened to any other songs by... Ru..fus? I don't know how to pronounce their name -smiled nervously

Me neither honestly -laughed- I only now that song too. Hey you look familiar, have we met before?

Well, Alma's face could not be more red, she felt like a creep as she has seen this girl trough her window almost everyday.

I don't think so -said looking "confused", a flashback of the store went by- maybe we've seen each other on the street - smiled.

yeah maybe, come here a lot?

umm no, actually this is my first time in this park, I just moved here like a week or so ago

Oh really! wow where are you from?

Im from Oregon -She fixed her hair as the wind hit

damn that's far, sorry can I sit here? I got kinda tired -smiled

yeah sure, sure -Alma moved a little

wow so did you moved with your family or... ?

oh no, no, I moved alone, I needed to be alone and start new somewhere else so...

Shit that's cool, hey by the way what's your name? Im Lauren

Im Alma -smiled

Hi Alma- shaked alma's hand - nice to meet you -giggled- that's a pretty name... It means soul in Spanish right?

Thank you -giggled- yeah, means soul in Spanish, do you speak...?

Just a little, my mom is Latina but I never learned to speak fluently, I really want to tho, and you?

Yes, both my parents are latinos, I grew up speaking mostly Spanish and then kinda stopped as I got older

Well, maybe you can teach me some things -smiled

yeah, maybe -smiled and hid her face in her shoulders.

So you have any friends here or...?

No, not yet, I really just moved here alone alone - smiled

Well we know each other now -smiled at alma

Yeah, that's nice -smiled and looked away

Luren got a piece of paper and started to write something. Her hair moved with the wind. So effortlessly, looked liked a wave, she would get her out of her face as she wrote.

um.. here, this is my number, so if you want to hang out... I don't know, just text me

Yeah sure!, thank you -smiled at Lauren

A group of guys and girls called up Lauren, and she looked back at Alma.

So... I got to go now but... see you soon?- said Lauren with a kind of nervous tone

yes of course - Alma looked right into Lauren's eyes

They both got up and looked at each other. Alma felt like she could watch Lauren's eyes all day, like a close up in a movie, all the details. The hair that would come into her face, the way she smiled, everything.

It was nice to meet you - Said Alma.

It was nice to meet you too Alma - Said Lauren.

Lauren got closer to Alma, got her skate and said

You know where to find me too -Lauren pointed out the grass in the spot they where in and smiled

Alma laughed.

Bye! - Lauren started walking fast towards her friends and looked back one more time to Alma, smiled at her and waved.

One of Lauren's friends started to tease her and laugh at her, then they all left skating down the park.

Alma was speechless with the experience. She could not stop smiling. She saw the paper that Lauren gave her, and there it was her number and as she turn the piece of paper she realized it said:

"pretty smile Soul"

Alma felt the warmth in her face and went back home.

It was 7 pm.