𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Oliver

"Gred look! The notes!!" Fred picked up the stacks of neatly piled parchment from the center table in the Griffindor common room.

"Not even a week-"

"- and Miss Secret Admirer is already sending gifts." The twins smirk and look at me waving the notes in their hands.

"Shut up!" I huff and try to take the stacks of parchment from the twins.

"Aah ah, why so eager Wood?" Goerge snickered raising the notes high above his head.

"For someone who doesn't even bother knowing who sends you all these notes to help you pass your exams-" Fred says from behind the sofa as I glare at him from the other side.

"-you sure are beaming with excitement to see them." Goerge hit the back of my head with the notes then ran to stand beside his twin.

"Just give it to me twins!" I leap forward to grab the notes from Fred but he takes a step back making me fall over the sofa head, face first on the ground.

"Admit it, you like this attention you are receiving from this certain someone." Goerge smirked and winked at me.

"Honestly Wood, you should consider yourself lucky-" Fred plopped down on the sofa as I pushed my body up and sat down properly on the sofa too.

"Why?" I frown looking at Fred.

"-Because, for one, you have this secret admirer who makes notes for you every week, reading which you have passed your exams for the past five years, and I'm sure you will past this year too." Goerge plops down on my left, pointing one finger up to show the number one.

"And two, you have Julianna, who we all know has this infatuation towards you for a while now." Fred put the peace sign up to show the number two.

"What? Julianna doesn't even talk to me without fighting or arguing with me! What are you talking about? What infatuation?!" I frown as I get up from the sofa and turn to look back at the twins.

"You really are daft-" Fred sighed.

"-And oblivious-" Goerge facepalmed himself.

"-And really really blinded by Quidditch." Harry walked in, plopping down in the middle of the sofa between the twins in my initial seat.

"Where did you come from? Wait, no, never mind, just give me the notes twins and go bother someone else you three!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

"You never thought of matching the handwriting with other Griffindors?" Harry sighed as he flipped through a stack of notes Goerge gave to him.

"Why should I and who said it's a Griffindor, it could be a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw, a Sly....no not a Slytherin for sure though....." I made a thinking face going over the possibilities.

"Maybe because that'll tell you who wrote these notes for you? And a Ravenclaw is too smart to guess the Griffindor password and there is a reason why the Hufflepuff common room doesn't have a password." Harry shrugged.

"Whatever, anyways why do I even need to know who writes these for me? I read them and pass my exams, isn't that enough?" I look at the three.

Why would I waste my time trying to know who makes these, it's their problem that they are wasting their time to make these, not me.

"Don't you think you are using this person's feelings for you for your own benefit to just pass your exams, oh yeah with flying marks that too!?" Fred narrows his eyes at me, his annoyance towards me as clear as the day.

"What? I didn't go and tell them to waste their time making notes for me! It's their problem they are dumb enough to do all these when they could do something productive!" I clenched my fists getting agitated with the way they were overreacting.

"Really?! Then why don't you stop reading these? Why don't you just leave the notes in the common room? Leave the bloody handmade letter specially made with your name on it, on the damn table? Why don't you just give them a closure instead of leading them on?!" Goerge stood up angrily and stormed to the boys dormitory.

"I am not leading anyone on!" I glare at Goerge's retreating figure.

"Yes you are. If you don't even have the basic decency, let alone the common curiosity to know who this person is, then you should really stop taking the notes up to your room. Leave them here, what'll happen? Huh?" Fred stood up folding his arms over his chest.

"They'll send you the notes next week? Then the week after? After a while, seeing the notes and the letters on the table piling up for days will automatically give them the message that you simply aren't interested, after all that's the truth isn't it? You. Just. Aren't. Interested. So keep the stack of parchment on the table and piss off!" Fred hissed and went after his twin.

"What we are trying to tell you is that, think about it Oliver, five years someone has put their hard work to make things easier for you, without so much as asking something in return, you really think it's out of some stupid infatuation towards you?" Harry raised an eyebrow at me as he stood up.

"I-"

"Don't take too long, everyone has their limits, don't run after a sport so much that you end up losing a love people would willingly die for." Harry pat my shoulder and went back to the boys dormitory, leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the common room.

Did I do something wrong?

"Julianna?" I hear a voice say as I turn around to see Julianna looking at me.

Wise men say....
Only fools rush in
For I can't help....
Falling in love
With you.....