Chapter 1

YG high. The year 2021.

Jennie Kim walked into the school building and straight towards her locker.

"Jennie!" Irene called.

"Hey, Irene! How was the weekend?"

"It was great. Seulgi and I went out to this new resort and had the time of our lives. I'm telling you, Jennie. You gotta keep looking. Your soulmate's out there and he's going to turn your world around. Mark my words"

"Irene, not everyone's as lucky as you are. Some of us just have to live life being content with what we have. And for now, K..."

"Hey baby!" came Kai's voice. Before she could react, he wound his arms around her and kissed her cheek.

"Hey Kai," Jennie said with a smile. Irene waved at him, then turned to Jennie and said "I'll catch you later okay? New chick joining today and I've been elected buddy."

"Woah alright, have fun. Don't scare her off. I'll see you after school." Jennie said to her.

Irene walked away, and Jennie's eyes were drawn to the tattoo on Irene's right arm. It was a beautiful mixture of strokes in black.

Seulgi had the same one. They'd been ecstatic to the moon when they'd discovered each other. Now they're inseparable. Because as the universe would have it, their souls were linked. Which meant, there was no one in this world who could love Irene the way Seulgi did and vice versa.

Jennie thought about her own tattoo. The one she was born with. And how Kai's little motif on his wrist wasn't shared by her.

She sighed. She adored Kai. He adored her too. But there was a love out there that was stronger than this. A unique one for her and a unique one for him. And until they found it, they were more than happy to be there for each other.

"I was thinking, let's go out tonight. Get a few drinks, then go dancing. I'll ask the rest of them too"

"Yea I'm cool with that," Jennie said.

"Let me know what time I should come to pick you up," Kai said and leaned in for a kiss.

Jennie's lips met his for a sweet kiss, and then he was gone. Running off to his next class. Jennie turned back to her locker and lost herself in thought.

Kai's simple tiny wrist tattoo was no match to the intricate, unexplainable pattern on her back. The lines and the circles, the circuit-like design. It was so unique, Jennie knew if she actually searched the world, it would take her a lifetime to find him. Her. Whoever it would be.

She sighed and walked over to class.

After classes that day, Jennie made her way out to the field. She usually sat on the bleachers while her friends Irene and Jisoo finished up with football practice. She would often use the time to read. Sometimes write. Sometimes if inspiration hit her, she'd pull out her little sketch pad and draw.

Today, the sun was blazing hot upon them, as she walked out of the school building and towards the grounds.

She was juggling her bottle in hand while also trying to get her earphones out of her bag, when suddenly she was hit by a strong force, knocking the air out of her and knocking her down to the ground.

Jennie saw stars behind her eyes for a moment, then she opened her eyes and she couldn't see too clearly. Someone was leaning over her against the sunlight. She saw a hand reach out to her

"Shit!" The person exclaimed.

Jennie took the hand, a woman. It had to be a woman's hand, no man she'd ever touched had hands as soft as this.