16. | addiction to mints.

Livvy Grant

"Amerson?!" I look up from my notebook.

"Probably," Mrs. Chapman recalls. "Why?"

"I was just making sure," I say somewhat excitedly.

"Do you know her?" Mrs. Chapman asks.

"Yeah, she's my best friend," I smile.

"Oh great, you guys better not talk or I'm switching the seating chart,"

"Wait she's sitting next to her?" Marcus points over by me.

"Yes, in the empty seat next to her," She picks up her clipboard and starts doing attendance.

"Great, now I'll have to chitter chatters talking the whole time," he mumbles.

"As if you and Zay aren't already talking a lot," I  whisper back to me.

"Shut up," I dead eye her.

"Shut up," I mimic him.

A minute or two passes by and then the door opens, and London walks in.

"Mrs. Chapman?" London asks looking around the classroom the second she spots me and Marcus she waves at us.

"That's me, and looks like you already know a few people in this class," She chuckles.

"Yeah," London replies.

She walks through the aisle lines that the classroom has and sits in the seat next to me.

"Via my love, I thought I would never see you again," London gives me a side hug and then drops her backpack off.

"Dramatic ass," Marcus mumble.

"Shut it Hudson, you're the one freaking out over a math test you studied for," She rolls her eyes at him.

"Okay, but the study guide was confusing," He says.

"Didn't you have gym this hour?" I ask her.

"Yeah, but I got kicked out of when coach found me doing drugs while we supposed to be doing sit-ups," She shrugs.

Everyone in the class including me and Mrs. Chapman looks up and stares at her.

"You did what?!" Zayden asks ever so confused.

"I'm kidding! I'm not a bad student," She says putting her hand up in surrender.

Me and Marus scoff at the statement and Mrs. Chapman sends us a questionable look.

"What does that mean?" She says eying the both of us.

"She steals lifesavers from the office ladies when they don't give her one," I chuckle.

"Hey! If I want a mint for my headache that a mint apparently doesn't help, why don't you just give me one," London says sitting forward and crossing her legs one over the other.

"London why would you- those lifesavers are complimentary," Mrs. Chapman continues and a few people chuckle.

"I go there every passing time to get one, there my strange addiction," She replies grabbing a notebook and writing the date at the top of the page.

"Oh- my doctors can't explain my symptoms or my pain," Zayden starts with the chorus of the song.

"But you are my strange addiction," London holds the 'u' in you for a little while singing.

They both laugh after she finishes and not going to lie it's cute.

"Okay Zayden, you have your partner," Mrs. Chapman claps her hands. "Let's get started,"