23. | dead phone.

Marcus Hudson

1, 2, 3. Deep breathes Marcus.

"So you're telling me you didn't finish even half of the project but decided to stop working at the research?" I let out a shaky sigh trying to control my anger.

I swear I'm nice to people, but Addi is making this extremely difficult since she didn't even do anything for our project that's due in less than two weeks.

"I mean I just didn't want to do it, so I figured I would just ask you for some help," She shrugs re-opening her phone and since she's taking pictures I assume she's replying to snaps.

"But you waited a week and a half to ask for help instead of asking then, that way we would have already been done by then," I divert my eyes away from her looking up at the ceiling counting my breathes.

I don't get angry at people very often, I can usually stay calm in these situations. But Addi is really pissing me off. She waited a week and a half to ask a question about the project that could've already be finished by now.

I've been calm with her the whole time explaining the process and letting her know the do's and the don't's. But she didn't do shit with the information.

"Okay no need to get pissy cutie, we'll be fine," She taps my shoulder getting me to look at her.

"You finished the research right?" I ask her scratching the back of my neck.

"No, I couldn't remember what we had to research," She recalls.

"Addi, what the hell was the point of asking for my snap of you weren't going to use it to ask me questions?" I deadlock her eyes.

She runs her fingers through her blonde hair and shrugs.

"I dunno know , I guess I wanted you're snap,"

"So you're just lying to me left and right," My hands start to turn into fists.

Thank the lord I have a class tomorrow morning, that'll help me get rid of this anger.

"Not technically lying I mean." She thinks.

"Bullshit," I mumble.

"Be nice! I know I'm not a straight A student but no need to get mad at me," She says annoyed.

"That's not the point, I don't mind that you're not a straight A student not everyone can be one," I explain. "But there's a difference between blaming it on you're grade and not understanding,"

She looks at me offended and annoyed.

"I'm not blaming it on my grade," She says defensively.

"You just did," I counter-act.

"Okay you know what fuck off, do the project get an A and live your life, I don't give a shit," She almost yells at me.

I roll my eyes and pull out my Chromebook. If she's not going to do it, I might as well just finish it.

The project is easy, I mean I just have to put a word bank with the word definitions on the poster board. Then add some details, I could be done with it by tomorrow afternoon.