Chapter 10 ~ So it begins

TW: Mentions of drugs and suicide, swearing, death, fights, mention of arson, weapons

Hellooo! Sorry for not updating last week, I honestly forgot :( But! I am updating now! I'm moving weekly updates to either Thursday or Friday, I can't do Wednesday anymore. Sorry again and enjoy the story!!!!!!

 :D

Techno's POV:

I barely remember the days before I was taken from my family. I only remember 3 things, that horrible number will always haunt me. It had to be simple because the system teaches you not to remember your old life and embrace your new one.

Mom

Cole

Explosions

Those are the three things I've remembered from my childhood. My mother, the sweetest person I've ever known, Dad didn't deserve her. Cole, my brother. Only by blood, if he wasn't I would've killed him myself. Cole always bullied me which was something a brother shouldn't do but he did it anyway. The last thing, explosions. My mom and brother died in an explosion.

 I hated it so much. The ringing in my ears, the smoke in my lungs, it was horrible. Not long after, Dad sold me to Schlatt. Apparently he needed money and some other lame ass excuse that I don't remember.

The system destroys you, makes you doubt every decision you've ever made, make you want to kill yourself, but they force you to stay alive. To endure all the pain. They teach you not to care for anyone because they'll just be taken away from you just like everything and everyone else.

I knew that I would face the consequences of caring for someone the second a young Tommy entered my room. He was so bright and energetic that I couldn't resist caring for the boy. He was a creeper hybrid, extremely dangerous because if you explode....you die. Tommy had anger issues.......I couldn't stop him from dying. I blame myself for not helping him, it was all my fault. Just like everything else.

I had a lot of time to think about these things, the bus is extremely slow. We're heading to the Pit for the tournament. I don't remember getting into the bus but I'm somehow here. I assume Schlatt drugged all of us just so we wouldn't run away while boarding the bus. There's a total of 36 hybrids in the tournament, about 6 teams per sector. And just with my luck, Dream and I are team 3. Hearing that makes me cringe with disgust. Out of all the numbers it had to be 3.

We're going to lose. There's no way we win this

Be more positive! How great would it be if we won!!!!

Let's beat everybody up! Show dominance, everyone should fear us!

I chuckle softly at the voices. They seem much more excited than I am about this tournament. But then again, they're always happy about everything. Dream tried to hold a conversation with me earlier but he learned rather quickly that I'm not in the mood to talk right now. I believe that the time before a fight should be for planning. The time after is for reflection.

I'm still unclear on the details of this whole thing. Where would we be staying? Tournaments usually last days or sometimes weeks and as far as I know, the Pit doesn't have any living quarters. I sighed, I wish this ride would go faster. The faster we get this over with, the better.