Chapter 15 ~ Run

TW: Swearing

(I just fell in love with this piece of fanart when I saw it I had to use it. They aren't dancing or whatever this picture is in the chapter but I don't care. It's cute fanart)

Dream's POV:

I woke up to the sun cutting through the small hole under the rock and reaching my closed eyes. I raised my hand to cast a shadow over my face so I could properly see. I look over and see that Sapnap is asleep, well I guess that explains why he didn't wake me up last night to watch. Luckily nothing happened.

I strain my ears to try and hear if anyone is nearby. I just shrug and climb out of the hole, the sun is starting to set. Thank the gods that the hole we were sleeping in was at the perfect angle so we now know that it's time to move. Guess we still have a little bit of luck left.

I walk back towards the rock to wake up the others, it's almost time to get moving again. I slide down into our little hideout and inhale the wonderful smell of dirt and sweat. I shake my head and head over to Sapnap first. I start shaking him a little bit,

"Get up bro, we need to start walking soon," I say into his ear. He just mumbles something incoherent and rolls to the other side. I sigh, why is it so hard to wake up people these days? I lean down towards his ear,

"Wake up idiot!"

At that he shot up and looked around frantically. I smile to myself,

"Nice to see you conscious," I remark, he just glares at me which makes me smile even wider, "So, I vote you wake up Niki while I try and haul Techno out of the hole."

"Okay. And I'll wake her up nicer than shouting in her ear like you did to me," Sapnap teased.

I just shrug, "I tried to be nice."

Sapnap rolls his eyes in amusement and goes over to wake up Niki by gently shaking her. I shake my head and walk over to Techno, still as lifeless as ever. He's still breathing but slowly and that's what scares me. If he dies I would never forgive myself but I just need to keep telling myself that he isn't dead and won't be for a long time.

I manage to pull Techno's body out of the hideout and I sit there for a second, waiting for the others to come out as well. Once I see their faces emerge I pick up Techno and look to find the direction we were heading in before. The rock was to the left of the direction we were heading before so I turn to the left 90 degrees and motion for the others to start walking with me in this direction. By now the sun is barely peeking above the horizon and I realize that we've been walking east, which is neither a good thing or bad thing. God I hope this is the way to the Boundary Sea.

"You sure this is the right way?"

"Positive."

Schlatt's POV (3rd person):

One night ago, on the night that Techno and Dream escaped:

Schlatt was just chilling in his room, it was a long day in the Pit but a good one. Most of his teams won today so he was in a better mood than normal. He was just about to drift off when a few guards burst through his door. Schlatt's eyes flew open in shock then anger as he saw guards disturbing his well deserved sleep.