12 | Enchanted

[C H A P T E R 12]

Enchanted

Adrien slipped in a pink hair clip on Marinette's hair and backed away to examine it, "you two will make a great couple!" the shop lady commented.

Adrien grinned, "thanks!"

Marinette gave the lady a small smile as Adrien purchased the hair clip. They gave the lady a small nod and walked around the small market.

"You are miraculous, Marinette," he started breaking their silence.

Marinette looked up at him, "from the very first time we met, you are different."

The first time we met...

It was long, long ago.

People started to scream and scattered aside to find shelter as the sky turned grey, first drop, the second drop of rain touched their skin and it turned into a light rain. He grabbed her hand and ran across the market, he stole an old lady's black umbrella without her noticing.

He opened up the umbrella and their steps slowed down, their hands still holding each other and she looked up at him who was already looking down at her. Thunders were heard as the memories she didn't know it was existed flashed inside her mind, this moment was like a déjà vu.

Seventeen years ago

The eight-year-old Marinette sat down a tree crying, hugging her knees, and cried harder when the loud thunder was heard and she flinched. The same-year-old boy was running in her direction, holding a black umbrella in his small hand.

He covered her small body with a big umbrella as she looked up at him. He offered his hand which she slowly took and stood up.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Marinette." She replied shyly.

"Hi Marinette, I'm Adrien! Do you want to be my friend?" he replied happily.

She looked up at him slowly and a small smile appeared, "yes!" she liked making friends.

"But you need to be strong to be my friend," he said and she pouted.

He brought up another hand that wasn't holding an umbrella and then patted her head.

"Don't need to be scared, I'm here," he assured her when a loud thunder sound suddenly heard as she yelled in shock, he laughed in return, "don't worry, I'll teach you how to be strong."

The blue eyes met the green eyes, they just stood there staring at each other with a smile and rainy weather in the background. This moment was,

Miraculous...

"Adrien!" his father shouted, he turned around and back at her.

"I need to go, see you another time, here." He handed her the umbrella and she took it as their hand brushed against each other sending a tingling sensation to them, but they were too young to understand so they just brushed it off.

"Bye!" he waved to her and ran to his father in the rainy situation. Before getting Adrien inside the car, his father glanced at her for a moment.

She stuttered a 'bye' and turned around to see her grandpa standing outside his house. She was wonderstruck and blushing all the way home.

"Who is that boy?" her grandpa asked.

"My friend...." She whispered, a friend...

She giggled and skipped to her room.