9 | nine

Christopher Bang,
Barrennjoey Road,
Sydney,
Australia.

March 30, 1960

Greetings Christopher,
You have not changed, have you? Well, my mind was not at rest at your death as I was not certain as to where you would be in the afterlife, but you have now clarified that you still walk among us mortals. However, that does not mean that my mind is automatically at peace, because your damned life only initiates more wars on my inside.

Wars where my heart is fighting to cherish you, and my intuition is protesting to forget you. But both share something particular in common. Somewhat like the local rounds of capture the flag, they aim for the reprehensible justification for your actions; that being the flag in our disheartening story.

Christopher, if your true desire is to no longer be on the opposite end of my written speeches, I do not believe that you would have written back. And for the reasoning behind your new attitude toward me, I am profoundly curious.

Now I shall take the opportunity to ask, what it is that I could have done that was capable of persuading you into infidelity, and to narrate a false tale of your death as the sin's company?

I choose to end on this note. But above all, I must admit that I am satisfied with the fact that you still hold the chance to correct your transgressions, rather than land a cell in hell so unexpectedly.

Sincerely,
A.