10 | ten

Adelaide Smith,
Marrickville,
Sydney,
Australia.

April 1, 1960

Dear Adelaide,
      With the level of hardheadedness that you are displaying, I can confidently say that I am currently enduring the hell that you speak off. And if you choose to keep up, I am afraid that my existence may go against the church preachers' prophecies and actually disseminate into nothingness.

      Because I cannot endure this for much longer, let alone forever.

      If bringing to light my own struggles is what is needed for some form of ease in my near future, then I shall do so. I shall tell you the reason for my distance, Adelaide.

      Your father harbors a dangerous level of hatred for me. And I am sure that you are aware of that, as it was so clear when you were almost forced to marry the first son of the Seo's.

      But Adelaide, as I have professed countlessly when our hearts were one, I love you. And I was prepared to do anything to keep you in my life. However, I was foolish; too absentminded to act the man that I claimed the title of. And so when Anna Smith offered to convince your father that I am a good man, in exchange for my body, I accepted.

      Quite frankly I was skeptical. However, if that was the only conflict-less way to be able to have dear Adelaide for myself, I saw fit to accept. I thought that we were not yet married, and so everything would be okay by sunset.

      But, as proven now, I was embarrassingly incorrect. And I admit that I was foolish to have been in agreement in the first place. Anna's charm simply entranced me. Her curves seemed too irresistible to pass up for such an opportunity, and now that I am thinking over this topic, I am near convinced that she bewitched me.

      But the fact of the matter stands that we can no longer be together, Adelaide. Your family is not one that I seek to develop further relations with, and the most that I can do is pray for your continued success.

      I aim to avoid you in order to protect myself, and my family at large. So do not seek me, or write to me. Carry on, Adelaide. I am neither expecting you to forgive me, so I plead that you move on.

Sincerely,
CB.