Episode 2

All Characters and Events Depicted in this Story are FICTITIOUS.

I will not be writing any scenes with the ANSP Agents/ Political Party side of things until it directly affects the characters I chose to focus on. That includes the Wives of these men. If you are curious about that side of Snowdrop, you can re-watch the drama as I won't be changing anything regarding the ANSP Agents & Political Party and the crazy wives.

𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕

Rainy Sunday afternoons were Bun-Ok's favourite as she had the whole gym to herself. She then pressed the play button on the radio before grabbing her broom. Bun-Ok felt herself sway to the sweet melody of the Lee Sun Hee classic.

" ~Ah! The old days! Can those days come back? Those days!~" Bun-Ok sang at the top of her lungs as the raindrops outside the gym drowned out her screeching voice. She continued her dance sweeping into the gym staff kitchen"~Ah! The old da- AHHHH."

Bun-Ok screamed as she dropped her broom in shock. "What are you doing here?"

Gyeok-Chan sat at the kitchen table with a ramen noodle bowl in one hand and a pair of chopsticks in the other. Awkwardly blinking, he replied, "Umm...I just finished loading the crates downstairs, and Yongwha said yesterday that I could help myself to anything in the kitchen."

Bun-Ok embarrassingly nodded her head and picked up the fallen broom "right; I forgot you were doing that today. The rain has been so loud I didn't even your truck pull in."

"Did you want me to move so you could finish your sweeping or perhaps your dancing?" Gyeok-Chan questioned with a hint of amusement at the last part of his question.

Coughing in embarrassment, Bun-Ok placed the broom into the cleaning closet near the pantry. "No, I think I've swept enough for today." Bun-Ok stood there uneasily before deciding to leave "well, I'll let you finish your meal in peace."

"Would you like to join me?" Gyeok-Chan asked Bun-Ok, making her stop in her footsteps. Bun-Ok turned around and saw Gyeok-Chan place one of his four remaining ramen bowls on the empty table space in front of him. "You can have that one if you want? It's probably the least soggy as it was the last one I poured the hot water in."

Bun-Ok was hungry after working all day and not having a massive lunch. "Thank you," she said quietly and sat down on the chair in front of him. Picking up her chopsticks, she ate the noodles with him.

Gyeok-Chan didn't know if it was something in the rain or maybe it had to do with the fact that he did find the girl extremely attractive. He just instantly just felt comfortable in her presence.

Bun-Ok's eyes skim over the kitchen table to see three other Ramen bowls ready to be eaten. "You must love ramen?"

Gyeok-Chan finished slurping up the first noodle bowl before replying, "Yeah, well, we don't have a lot of it where I'm from."

Bun-Ok raised her eyebrows in confusion. "Sokcho City doesn't have a lot of ramen noodles?"

"Sokcho City?" Gyeok-Chan looked at Bun-Ok with a puzzled face.

"Yeah, Yonghwa Oppa said you're from Gangwon-Do Province. Sokcho City, or maybe did I hear him wrong?" Bun-Ok said as she started to second question herself when staring at Gyeok-Chan's confused face.

A sudden realisation dawns over Gyeok-Chan. "No, you heard him right." He replies shortly before pulling over the next ramen bowl from the end of the table. "I just meant that I grew up in a poor family with a single mother who was always working that even eating ramen is considered a luxury."